• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 19x, any collector value?

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    I’ve got a 19x, that I’ve had for a good while now.. love the gun, love the way it looks... but besides my 48 & 43x that I carry, the 19x is my last Glock. My cz collection keeps growing and because of that, my glocks have dwindled away.
    I took out all my cz’s yesterday and while the different models all feel different in my hand, they all feel equally as good... then I’d grab the Glock and just doesn’t feel “good” anymore... I’d grab another cz, then the Glock and just ai t cutting it.

it is what it is... but are these going to end up being some what collector items? I keep hearing these been discontinued and then they aren’t and then they are again.
    If they are, I’ll hold onto it, but I’m itching for a p10F

Don't really see any glock but some early first gen ones really as collector items anytime soon. Too many produced and most glock people want the newest ones.

^^ not unless the serial # is "19x001", otherwise collecting dust.

To my point, this new Walther Arms model , just release a few months ago, just went for 3X MSRP based on serial # alone.
    I just picked up same PDP model last week that's why I found it of interest.
    1615243931694.png

G19X's are still being pumped out. Not close to being collectable.

Reactions: Aescobar17
    I think if you are considering selling it, now may fetch the best price. I don't think it'll be a collector's item any time in the near future.

Reactions: larryh128
    ^^ not unless the serial # is "19x001", otherwise collecting dust.

To my point, this new Walther Arms model , just release a few months ago, just went for 3X MSRP based on serial # alone.
    I just picked up same PDP model last week that's why I found it of interest.
    View attachment 7576773
    Reading this reminds me of a friends Glock. He got it from his dad, and it was stolen. A few years later, it turned up and the local sheriff called him and he got it back. It was trashed, but he called Glock and they told him to send it in.

Couple weeks later he gets a call from Glock. Turns out it was the 19th built Glock 19 (no the serial number was not 19 ;))They wanted it and offered a trade. Due to the sentiment he declined but they made it look as new as the day it was manufactured and sent it back to him no charge. Just thought it was a very cool piece to have.

I’ve got a 19x, that I’ve had for a good while now.. love the gun, love the way it looks... but besides my 48 & 43x that I carry, the 19x is my last Glock. My cz collection keeps growing and because of that, my glocks have dwindled away.
    I took out all my cz’s yesterday and while the different models all feel different in my hand, they all feel equally as good... then I’d grab the Glock and just doesn’t feel “good” anymore... I’d grab another cz, then the Glock and just ai t cutting it.

it is what it is... but are these going to end up being some what collector items? I keep hearing these been discontinued and then they aren’t and then they are again.
    If they are, I’ll hold onto it, but I’m itching for a p10F
    There is a current BIG demand for pistols. Put it on Gunbroker with GOOD pics and description. You will be able to buy more CZ's. While I agree that there are a lot of pistols that are prettier and feel better in the hand, when it comes to a grab and fight deal, nothing beats a Glock. It's not meant to be pretty, only functional.

There is a current BIG demand for pistols. Put it on Gunbroker with GOOD pics and description. You will be able to buy more CZ's. While I agree that there are a lot of pistols that are prettier and feel better in the hand, when it comes to a grab and fight deal, nothing beats a Glock. It's not meant to be pretty, only functional.
    Agreed. I just bought a G19 Gen 5 to replace my CZ P10C (which is currently on consignment at my LGS). I really like the grip on the P10C, but couldn't get used to the slide release and the deep slide serrations. Put in an upgraded trigger and added night sights.

I happen to like Glocks personally, but this made me crack up. Passed up a 19X too many times, should’ve bought when the buyin’ was good.
    I actually really like the Gen 5 stuff a lot but here in CA I can’t get them unless I pay triple the price.

I love Glocks. Love CZ's and 1911's and Sigs, etc, also. But I bought my Glock 17 in 1988 because a kitchen table FFL in my unit made me a ridiculous offer on it when I was buying a Beretta 92 from him. I thought I'd have buyer's remorse. Dumb plastic gun. Instead, I just started liking it more and more. I didn't want my steel guns to rust on a long, rainy hiking trip. Solution, bring the Glock! And the thing is accurate. Finally had something break on it in 2020, 2500 rounds into a shooting school. Disconnector let go. Swapped another one in and good to go.

How is a Glock collectible? I sent my mom an old early 2gen. G17 that had already been back for the first factory rebuild by '85... It's seen some USE and is still pulling duty as home protection now.

17L USED to be hard to get. When I got my gen3 it was supposed to be the last run of 17L's ever but you know how that turned out.

Just FYI on Glocks, thru gen 4 the only thing u can tell about bullet marking is it was fired from a Glock. Gen 5 was initially brought out as a "Marking Barrel" so individual guns (barrels) could be identified for forensics. Turns out they are more accurate so they are now called "marksman" barrels. Just so u know.

Just FYI on Glocks, thru gen 4 the only thing u can tell about bullet marking is it was fired from a Glock. Gen 5 was initially brought out as a "Marking Barrel" so individual guns (barrels) could be identified for forensics. Turns out they are more accurate so they are now called "marksman" barrels. Just so u know.
    Wait... So each barrel if individually marked?

That seems.... Improbable

No the Gen 5 barrels are more than likely buttoned making them all individual in rifling details. The Gen 1-4 were probably made off of the same carbide mandrels therefore not giving each barrel it's own unique rifling.
    Oh that makes more sense.