• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 20 Longslide

Ghogs Nightmare

Wobi Madano
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2006
In the Nightmares of Ghogs
Well I had the 6" KKM barrel for a while and it shot pretty decent. Took it for a walk down in GA for some hogs but nothing that wanted to challenge it. But just looked a lil odd sticking out of the end of the slide and we all know guns need to be "pretty". (sarcasm)
So Lonewolf finally got their slides done an here it is:
g20Lrightside.jpg

G20Lleftside.jpg

G20LTop.jpg

Had a slight feeding issue intially which was helped by some polishing. Does well now for the most part but now an then on the last round it needs a tap on the back of the slide. Recoil isnt bad an overall pretty fun addition. Definitely more accurate at 25, haven't tried it out further yet.
Internals are all Glock factory except the Ghost "ultimate" 3.5 connector and the heinie straight eights on top.

Re: Glock 20 Longslide

I always liked the 10mm, it's always been a very accurate round for me, and the G20 is the only way to go in that caliber. That's a clean looking gun, what do those slides run?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who's wanted a longslide G20.

It looks nice.

I see that the stripped slide costs $224.95 http://lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1500 But I'm also curious what it would cost to get a complete slide. </div></div>
The most expensive parts are the firing pin and the extractor. Some parts are interchangable. Throughout the entire Glock line. If you werent interested in keeping your standard slide complete you could just switch it all over. But would of course need the 6" barrel. I bought some new others were spare parts i had laying around as back ups.
For the lil parts most are less than 3 bucks.

Very nice!Im the proud owner of one of the original G20 longslides from Oberland Arms it has the solid slde (no cut-outs on it).My gun needed to have the recoil spring tweeked because it also would either crush the 3rd or 4th round case or need a tap on the last round,thats why I thought Lonewolf spec'ed theirs out with the cut-outs to improve cycling issues.Mine's been flawless with my reloads now. [img:center]http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w334/sniper-warrior/KIF_0627-1.jpg?t=1246491375[/img]

First good looking Glock I have ever seen.

I like the cocking serrations and the muted tone of the slide's finish.

David

I got my 20l slide in the mail yesterday. I went with the marking free version, cheese $10 buck more if you don't want the wolf head, that should be a no charge option.

I'm still short on small parts though even is I strip the old slide, you can't remove the channel liner without destroying it and it seen like all the usual suspects are sold out & back ordered right now.

Ghogs, Where did you get your channel liner?

Any idea want a full slide like OP(complete with barrel and all parts)so that you just swap slides and are ready to go would run. A round about dollar figure say +or- 50 buck or so?

KHOOKS,

If you order all the parts from lwd and use their 6 inch barrel, reuse your spring just in parts using glock parts and plastic glock sights figure $435.37 without shipping and then whatever they charge to assembly it.

Or you can assembly it yourself, the only difficult is the rear sight if you don't have a pusher. I have mashed a couple of plastic rears trying to fit them with a punch. The rest is supper easy.
click on the assembly slide video it does not show how to install the sights or firing pin liner but all you need it a wooden dowel same sized and tap the liner in.

Samurai, thank for the lead. Shipping was high but it was that or wait till august from glock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 13Whitestars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my 20l slide in the mail yesterday. I went with the marking free version, cheese $10 buck more if you don't want the wolf head, that should be a no charge option.

I'm still short on small parts though even is I strip the old slide, you can't remove the channel liner without destroying it and it seen like all the usual suspects are sold out & back ordered right now.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ghogs, Where did you get your channel liner?</span>
</div></div>
I had it amongst spare parts, commandeered from i forget where.
Assembly was easy, the spring cups are lil bit of a pain to get on but a lil patience, a lil luck, some goggles an its no prb. Just kidding patience and slight dexterity its no prb.

They also have the tactical length slide at 5.15", nice compromise if someone doesn't need full 6". My only concern is keeping the factory reliability.

It did take some tweeking of the recoil springs on my LS but I think thats why Lonewolf went with the cut-outs to reduce the mass on the slide.Would love to hear more feedback on the Lonewolf slides,I may have to add one to the posse.

I ran into a small snag with mine. My slide is very tight on the hood of the 6" factory glock barrel, too tight, prevents look-up. I tried a buddies wolf and it was tight on that one as well. So no shots though it.

Rather than send it back or fit the hood of the that barrel that works in my factory slide fine I decided to send the whole gun to Bar-sto and have a 10mm and a 9X25 dillion match barrel fit to the long slide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 13Whitestars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran into a small snag with mine. My slide is very tight on the hood of the 6" factory glock barrel, too tight, prevents look-up. I tried a buddies wolf and it was tight on that one as well. So no shots though it.

Rather than send it back or fit the hood of the that barrel that works in my factory slide fine I decided to send the whole gun to Bar-sto and have a 10mm and a 9X25 dillion match barrel fit to the long slide. </div></div>

I wonder how LW barrels lockup on their slide?

Sorry I was not more clear, My buddies barrel, I referred to as wolf is a L W barrel. It was not as tight but still too tight.

Glock is missing a huge market by not having a 10mm or 45 longslide...

Ghogs, buddy, that's a <span style="font-weight: bold">beautiful 10mm-thing</span> right there.
cool.gif

I love my long slide 10mm. I built it on my G21SF frame and haven't shot .45ACP with it since. I did notice that with the 22lb Wolff spring, feeding issues developed but when I dropped the factory captive recoil spring in, it shot much better. It's still a little sensitive to being limp wristed and would fail to go into battery completely. Both my wife and my sister couldn't shoot it without it failing to completely go back into battery. However, when my father-in-law or myself would shoot it, it ran fine. We noticed that observing the women, their wrists weren't able to lock enough to keep the muzzle snap in check.

At any rate, the gun shoots fine with light plinking loads (basically .40S&W) but feels much better with full power 10mm such as what's provided by Double Tap. I'm looking forward to doing some load development for this one
smile.gif

longslide10mm.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midwest PX----which particular red-dot sight are u running</div></div>

It's a Trijicon MS03 (replaced by the RMR). I'll likely ditch it for a fiber optic setup.

Have the 6 inch set up for my Glock 20. Lonewolf with fiber optic sights. Consistently hits 10in steel at 100 yards. Next will be the six inch slide and barrel on the 21. Then upgrade the springs and firing pin to handle the 45 super. Have super built on a 1911 frame and slide. The ballistics from a 6 inch slide will take even the 45 super to a new level

Very nice looking. One of the best looking Glocks I have ever seen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have the 6 inch set up for my Glock 20. Lonewolf with fiber optic sights. Consistently hits 10in steel at 100 yards. Next will be the six inch slide and barrel on the 21. Then upgrade the springs and firing pin to handle the 45 super. Have super built on a 1911 frame and slide. The ballistics from a 6 inch slide will take even the 45 super to a new level </div></div>

Out of curiosity, if you have the long slide 10mm already, why bother with a long slide .45 Super since the ballistics of 10mm are superior to the Super?

I am still a 45 fan, besides old boys love their toys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am still a 45 fan, besides old boys love their toys. </div></div>

I know it. My father-in-law wants to load some .45 Super on Starline brass and put them through his S&W 4506. I kicked around the idea to do it with my P220 but I'm pretty sure the aluminum frame isn't up for the battering, even with a stiffer recoil spring. Still, would be nice to have.

I bought a LW G21L complete slide from LW over a year ago. I put the upper on a new G21SF frame and it was anything but reliable. I contacted LW who had their armorer Dan call me. He asked alot of questions then had me send the slide and barrel back on THEIR dime. It came back reliable 98%.... there were also some scratches that were not there before but perhaps happened in shipping. I again talked to Dan who said he would refinish it free of charge. He also changed a few things to make it 100% reliable with the ammo I shoot!
Well Dan took the project on like it was going to be his masterpiece- and I just got the pics from him tonight and it looks great. He even threw in some extras and then called me. His exact words-" I don't want you or any lone wolf customer , using our products to be anything but 100% happy with our products!"
He also added that if I still wasn't happy- he would make it right.......

That's Customer Service for the customer!!!

That is by far the best looking glock I have seen.Guess I know what to do with that G20 sitting in the back of the safe.I have always liked longslides.