• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 20 SF Help

bjohnson_7

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2007
by the river TN
I just bought the pistol the other day and I'm plannin' on doing some upgrading on it...springs...trigger job...different firing pin...and night sights...I need some help as far as the springs. I know you can't go too light of a recoil spring without going lighter on the firing pin spring. I'm gonna get a tungsten guide rod from LWD. I just need help with what pound springs to go with and what trigger upgrades to do...I don't like the take up and overtravel. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Glock 20 SF Help

Trigger: I'd recommened the "Ghost Ultimate 3.5 connector" makes things MUCH better when it comes to the squeezin.
Springs: I haven't changed mine but seems a few guys like the wolff in the 20-24 range. Check out the reloading section with attention to 10mm. Its discussed there a few times. Also if ya peruse Glocktalk the "10-Ring" in the caliber section has a lot of info as well.
Im happy with minimal mod's to my Glocks. The 3.5 ghost and extended slide release are the extent of what i did, excluding the heinie sights.

Vanek trigger. Leave the springs alone. Forget the tungsten guide rod. Just shoot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you dont like the take up and over travel then get rid of a Glock. </div></div>

That was a helpful post.

I shoot very hot loads out of mine and use a tungsten guide rod and 22lb ISMI flat wire spring. Also installed a 3.5lb connector. Makes for a nice combination but it's not for everyone. Depends a lot on what your main function for the pistol is.

Its purpose is just mainly to shoot and my backup for hunting. I'd like to reduce some of the muzzle flip for quicker follow up shots and I may shoot some small tourneys around here with some friends.

Ok thanks. Do I need to change my firing pin spring or firing pin to go to a 22 lb spring? Whats the factory lb spring? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get my s*** right.

I don't know why you'd want to put a lighter spring in a 10mm. It is one of the most powerful auto pistol calibers ever made and requires a good strong recoil spring.

I replaced the firing pin and recoil springs with the Wolff kit recommended by Double Tap ammo.
If you're shooting ammo like Buffalo Bore and Double Tap it's a good idea.
If you're shooting regular fare, which is like hot .40 ammo, don't bother.

The stock spring is the same on a 20 as a 21..17bs. I went to a 22 lb. spring on mine to help with hot 200 gr. handloads. With a heavier than stock recoil spring, you will get a heavier firing pin spring included from Wolf springs since slide veocity when it returns to battery is faster. The heavier spring keeps the firing pin from trying to go forward from the inertia when the slide stops moving forward.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I replaced the firing pin and recoil springs with the Wolff kit recommended by Double Tap ammo.
If you're shooting ammo like Buffalo Bore and Double Tap it's a good idea.
If you're shooting regular fare, which is like hot .40 ammo, don't bother. </div></div>

Have a link for that info? I just got a 20SF myself. Bought a 22lbs spring. But wasn't aware I needed a heavier firing pin spring. Thanks,,,

The Wolff striker spring is not to keep the firing pin from hitting the primer due to inertia. It is to help with the trigger pull. If the firing pin hits the primer due to inertia, someone has been screwing around with the firing pin safety.