• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glock 21 gen 4 yes or no?

weaselrunner

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2010
central va
Stopped by a fun shop yesterday. They have a used glock 21 gen 4, for 499.00. Comes with holster, hard case, weapon light and 3 mags.
My question is chase or run? Read a couple reviews last night, ranged from fantastic, best ever to trash, find a gen 3.
Anybody have any experience with these critters?

I own a few Glocks and it is definitely one of my favorites. I have never had any trouble with mine. The only thing I changed is the sights. I have always shot it very well and it sits in my bedside safe... One thing you have to be careful of buying used is some people due modifications to them that render them unreliable then dump them. 13rd. or 15rd. with +2 ext. of .45 ACP is alot of fire power in one reload.

I don't have the 21, but I have a gen 4 20 and 40 (10mm).
The Gen 4 seems to shoot smoother and easier than the gen 3's in 10mm. I like!

It's a great gun. I have the 21 SF gen 4 and for a 45acp, it's a great handgun. You're not stealing it for $500 but they aren't gouging like many gun shops today.

Reactions: FuhQ
Stopped by a fun shop yesterday. They have a used glock 21 gen 4, for 499.00. Comes with holster, hard case, weapon light and 3 mags.
My question is chase or run? Read a couple reviews last night, ranged from fantastic, best ever to trash, find a gen 3.
Anybody have any experience with these critters?
$500 for all that is not a bad deal. If you can get it for any less, or maybe $500 incl. tax, then it would be an even better deal. 👍🏼

I have several Gen3 Glocks... One of which is a prototype Army Trials 21SF with an actual 1913 picatinny rail under the front, LONG before Polymer80 or any other company was making true railed Glock frames. Glock lost the Trial, and got beat-out by someone else, so out of embarrassment, they claimed there was an "issue" with the frame, so you would need to send it in for repair, and they would send you a new one (that didn't have the rail). Mine will never get sold, or sent back in to get replaced...Plus, thousands of rounds, and it's been a phenomenal gun...Never had 1 issue with it...Same for all my Glocks.

Last edited:
Aren’t they on gen 5 guns now? Curious, apart from the pricing why wouldn’t you get the latest version?

I owned a Gen 3 G21 and it was a good gun, just chunky.

My favorite .45 (including 1911s) is an M&P 2.0 .45. I tried the HK 45c and it was my least favorite of the 3. I prefer 1911s to the G21.

I consider it to be a superior gun to the Glock 21 I owned (which functioned perfectly). The G21 was good, the M&P 2.0 is just better.

I'd probably go the compact route for the same model if getting another one.

I would recommend you try a compact or full size M&P 2.0 in .45 before buying the G21.

As I'm aging, I care less about "deals" and care more about liking the guns I own. If I'm not going to lovingly fondle it every once in a while out of love or choose it for the range... then I need to either pass on the deal or sell it. Safes fill up quick.

I’m a huge Glock 21 fan and have had my Gen3 since 2004. I’ve fired a Gen4 on several occasions considered purchasing one numerous times and just never have...can’t justify the 4 when my Gen3 fits the bill (and my larger hands) perfectly fine.