• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 21 spring question

spradley

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2012
Leeds, Alabama
Guys,
I'm about to play around with loading/shooting the .40 super. Probably order the Lone Wolf barrel tomorrow. Have the dies and brass on the way.

I've read it's recommended to go with a 22 or 24lb spring when shooting this cartridge.

I have a Gen 4 Glock 21 and seems all I've been able to find are springs that require a recoil assembly adapter ring such as the one from glockstore. Are these reliable or is there a source for heavier dual spring for the Gen 4 G21?

thanks for any help on this.

Gary

Typed out the following before realizing you had a gen4. This applies to Gen3 only (for those who read this that have a gen3) - I'd get either a brass stacker ss 22lb or glockmeister 22lb ss setup. The wolff guide rod and round springs don't seem to work well with the gen3 g21 45 platform because of the barrel width - ie. the wolff round spring is to wide and binds...not the case on the 10mm though.

ISMI - who makes the flat springs (used on gen3 guns) no longer makes the 24lb because it was too long and caused problems. They redesigned the 22lb with a new steel so it's actually comes out to about 23.25lbs...but just stayed with the 22lb desination.

Gen4 - again I would check with glockmeister or brass stacker - Since the gen4's now are built with round springs it shouldn't be too long before wolff comes out with something. Whatever you find I'd go with the heaviest spring they have for 40 super...based on all my experiences I'd bet that even the heaviest spring will work/function when you go back to 45acp.

Ended up ordering a Tungsten 22lb spring from Glock Store along with an adapter to fit the Gen 4.
A bit pricey but playing with odd cartridges comes at a price I guess.

thanks for the info.. I'll let you know how it pans out.. barrel, dies and brass are on the way. Already have powder/primers and bullets.

IMO - glockstore tungsten rods gall. glockmeister tungstens do not. sorry

IMO - glockstore tungsten rods gall. glockmeister tungstens do not. sorry

Thanks for the head's up.. live and learn right?
Once I'm all set up I'll report back and let the group know if it happens..

Do you know approximate number of rounds before I can expect this?

thanks again,
Gary