• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 22c and 23c

Diver95b

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Hawaii
Does anyone have any experience with either the Glock 23C or 22C? Opinions greatly appreciated.

Re: Glock 22c and 23c

I have had dealings with sever Glocks and have been impressed, granted all being non ported, just curious if anyone actually noticed any benefit vs a marketing attempt.

I have the 22C and it is a phenomenal improvement in muzzle flip.

500 rounds and I can still see the front sight regardless of what is regurgitated on here.

The flame ejected from ports has yet to interfere with what I was shooting at either day or night. Most of my shooting is done at night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most of my shooting is done at night.
</div></div>

Cause Zombies hate sunlight?

cause I like to drink and kill shit

I can always rely on you to spice things up. Question, how hard are those flames on the headliner of the pickup??

I haven't ever shot anything inside my pickup

I have bounced a few heads off the dash board but that's about it

Any special ammo to limit the flash or just no problems at all regardless of brand?

I've got night sites (tritium) on my 23 but have never shot it later than dusk. Didn't have any problem with flash then though it would be interesting in the pitch black.

I am glad to see some positive input on the "C" models. Glock stated that there is velocity loss and more flash. I guess it depends on caliber and ammo?

get CKA loaded up on re-fried beans and there will be some HEL-acious flash.....

i'm just sayin.....

Boltripper, you forgot the other key ingredient....

Beer and lots of it along with those beans...

The muzzle flip difference between a 22 and 22c is extreme, I have a 21c and a extra plano 21 barrel, the diference is not as much, my brother has a 19c, its like shooting a 22lr pistol, the flames that come out of the ports are dependant on the ammo you feed it.

We were out in East Texas the last 3 days and we have to cross the river to get beer (county line - single lane bridge- liquor store in the middle of nowhere.). I bought a jar of pickled quail eggs... man I love those things. My dad was way pissed though when he saw me coming out of the liquor store with them.

Provides hours of entertainment after you eat them.

CKA, you are tuly an evil man, I hope you brought the baby wipes to take care of spillage.....

Explains why you always free ball.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am glad to see some positive input on the "C" models. Glock stated that there is velocity loss and more flash. I guess it depends on caliber and ammo? </div></div>

yeah I guess... everything I have killed with it didn't make mention of velocity loss though.

HP-38 made the tallest flames. It isn't like a camera flash in your face. More like a dull Bic lighter.

I don't recommend having a comp-ed gun for a carry weapon. Try shooting it from retention, you will get a pretty mean blast into your face. Plus shooting at night with a comp-ed gun is pretty harsh on the eyes.
Just get a standard Glock 22. I believe that people run comp-ed carry guns is because they think they are cool and/or to compensate for lack of proper shooting form.

I know a guy that shot a Springfield Armory V-10 in his truck. He was the driver and he shot threw the passenger window. It scorched his roof liner pretty good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boardride</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't recommend having a comp-ed gun for a carry weapon. Try shooting it from retention, you will get a pretty mean blast into your face. Plus shooting at night with a comp-ed gun is pretty harsh on the eyes.
Just get a standard Glock 22. I believe that people run comp-ed carry guns is because they think they are cool and/or to compensate for lack of proper shooting form.

I know a guy that shot a Springfield Armory V-10 in his truck. He was the driver and he shot threw the passenger window. It scorched his roof liner pretty good. </div></div>

Looks like you beat me to it. I would never want to rely on a compensated pistol for combat or self defense for the reason you gave.

I've done a lot of night shoot IDPA stuff and you figure out fast that:
-shining a flashlight on a white wall infront of your face is a bad idea.
-Hydra Shocks have a really bad muzzle flash
-using Alliant Power Pistol powder in a 45acp turns night time to day time.
-Comp-ed guns burn the eyeballs and sometimes your face.
-And shooting at night is fun as hell.