• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glock 27 trigger

forrestgump01

Once a deplorable, always a deplorable!
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2013
    Georgia
    I have a glock 27 in 40 cal and would like a little bit lighter trigger .
    Has anyone used the following kit and how much difference ( good or bad ) did you see.

Screenshot_20210122-181057_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: The D
    Tagging in. I have a 26/27 that I wouldn’t mind monkeying with a bit

The best bang for the buck to reduce trigger pull weight without sacrificing ignition reliability is the 3.5lb connector. Try that along with what is commonly known as the 6lb trigger bar spring. The trigger bar spring is usually good for knocking another pound off the trigger pull by itself. Try these two items before you go down the road of reducing the striker spring weight.

Keep in mind that lighter weight striker springs reduce the energy the striker imparts on the primer. Make sure to test for reliable ignition with your particular carry ammo if you lighten the striker spring weight.

The striker fired arrangement in a Glock is a balancing act between the trigger bar spring and the striker spring. The trigger bar spring force actually pulls the trigger bar back, while the striker spring force when cocked in battery pulls the trigger bar forward. A 6lb trigger bar spring combined with a 4.5lb or lighter striker spring usually won't let the trigger to return to its fully forward position. This causes the trigger safety blade to not be able to reset to its safe condition.

Last edited:
    Google the $0.25 Glock trigger job. Shows where and how to polish. You can also try one of the lighter connector bars. If that does not meet your desire then you can try one of the many aftermarket triggers.

A reduced power striker spring will reduce the trigger pull but can affect reliable primer ignition. I have Vaneck Custom triggers with the lightest spring and have to use Federal primers.