• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 36

badshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2008
South Arkansas
I went to the fun store yesterday to ship a gun, I came home with a new G36. Tip: never go into the gun store with money in your pocket. I have read comments on the G36 about it jamming, but I liked the feel of it and I wanted to get into the 45acp club, so I went ahead and got it. I have to say, I am very satisfied. It shot perfect, the recoil was much less than I had read about and the accuracy was just great. I even loaded some lower powered rnds up an they cycled just fine too. I do have a small issue with it pinching my little finger between the grip and mag, but I have small hands and it aint gonna keep me from shooting it at all. 45ACP is a new caliber for me and I'm liking it very much.

Anybody else have a G36?

Re: Glock 36

I have a G36 and never had a problem with it. I use it as my EDC gun, nice and small and it conceals easy.

I just sold one that I have had for a little over a year. Its a perfect concealment gun. It jammed the first 100 rounds or so which has not been normal on the glocks for me. After that it has rocked on. I bought a +1 mag extension and had a few jams from that too, but for the range I did not mind. I sold it and bought a gen 4 glock 23. I wish I had the 36 back.

Badshooter,

Welcome to the G36 club!
smile.gif
I have had one now for about two years and love it. I just had to be different and got an OD framed one. My duty ammo is Fed HST +P 230gr, so after firing that through it, I gave it a name, "Spanky!"

I believe the jamming issues were with some earlier magazines in the G36??? I have NOT had any issues with mine. I have six Glock magazie for mine.

I'll tell you what NOT to get! Scherer +1 mag extensions!! My wife very kindly got some for me as a gift(well, I sort of hinted a bit I suppose with a part no, and a Brownell's catalog!) and liked them for the +1 and the pinky extension. COMPLETE CRAP! Why? I would carry a spare mag with me when I carried it. When the magazine base would get pushed by my side or belly as I'd lean/bend, it would push the magazine base crooked, lose the support of the mag body rails, and "fling" out came my rounds from the bottom of the magazine! It was like the bases were made for a wider magazine as the slot on the new base did not secure on the tabs of the Glock mag body.

A friend of mine gave me a Pearce +1 for doing some work on his rifle, and voila, those are very nice!! I will have to get more of those!!

So enjoy the toy, it's an awesome CCW/BUG to be sure!!

-G45

I am thinking about changing the sights, my other glocks cames with factory night sights, this one came with the polymer sights. any suggestions? I dont really want to spend another $100 on sights.

My G36 has served me well for 3 years now. I think if you want to change the sights spending $100 is just the way it is. I won't carry a gun without night sights (just my opinion).

I just switched my EDC from the G36 to the G23. First thing I did with the 23 was to add the night sights. My 36 is now my nightstand gun.

If you want a pick of my 36 with Trijicons to help you decide let me know.

BadShooter. . .

If your purpose for the G36 is any kind of defense/duty type use, night sights are truly the only option there is. If you really really shop around, you may find some for $90, but right around $100 is the going rate. If it's just for fun shooting, you could get some fiber optic type sights, those may run $50-$60 or so.

I agree with the poster above though, night sights are really the way to go about doing it. I have Trijicon Orange/Green - R/F on mine. I like the bright green up front to kind of funnel my vision toward the front sight. Downside is, the orange is only a five-year warranty from Trijicon. Oh well, I suppose $20/year for good sights is cheap life-insurance!
smile.gif

I'll see if I can't post some photos of Spanky for ya. Thing is, I'll have to REMEMBER!
eek.gif

-G45

The G36 is my constant companion.
leadvs0.jpg

7+1 in .45ACP in a package so small and flat is a great carry choice.

Congrats to you, this is a great little gun.
I own one for about one year, no failure with factory ammo.
It shoots great, even better than my full size USP tac.
Only thing I changed were the factory sights, now it carries orange green trit sights.

I had issues with my reloads, the G36 does NOT like SWC. The barrel ramp is too short for SWC.
But I got a great deal on 230 grs FNJRN and made my own hardball load. That load shoots even better than my favourite Magtech hardball.

The G36 is such a great pistol, i consider selling my USP. I would buy a G19 or G30 instead. I'm a big fan of the .45, but 15 rounds in the copact G19 package have their own appeal.....

I'm really liking this G36. mI just have to figure out how to tell my G19 and G23, they are getting moved to the back of the drawer. I will check around for the sights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really liking this G36. mI just have to figure out how to tell my G19 and G23, they are getting moved to the back of the drawer. I will check around for the sights. </div></div>

Just tuck them in an tell them you still love them. They will get over it.

I have been carrying my G 36 for about 3 years. I ran great for about 4k rds and all of a sudden, failure to eject, the first shot out of the holster every time. I thought it was the extractor as I shoot a lot of shitty ammo (Wolf Steel). I had my Glock Armorer clean it and as we considered a new extractor, the cleaning seemed to help it. Runs like a scalded ape ever since. I put the large Super Dot night sight on it. Some loss in accuracy but a great set up for gun fight inside of 15 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast eddie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been carrying my G 36 for about 3 years. I ran great for about 4k rds and all of a sudden, failure to eject, the first shot out of the holster every time. I thought it was the extractor as I shoot a lot of shitty ammo (Wolf Steel). I had my Glock Armorer clean it and as we considered a new extractor, the cleaning seemed to help it. Runs like a scalded ape ever since. I put the large Super Dot night sight on it. Some loss in accuracy but a great set up for gun fight inside of 15 yards. </div></div>

Did you figure out what part was dirty enough to casue the failure?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast eddie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been carrying my G 36 for about 3 years. I ran great for about 4k rds and all of a sudden, failure to eject, the first shot out of the holster every time. I thought it was the extractor as I shoot a lot of shitty ammo (Wolf Steel). I had my Glock Armorer clean it and as we considered a new extractor, the cleaning seemed to help it. Runs like a scalded ape ever since. I put the large Super Dot night sight on it. Some loss in accuracy but a great set up for gun fight inside of 15 yards. </div></div>

Did you figure out what part was dirty enough to casue the failure? </div></div>

I think it was some debris in the extractor pocket that was holding the extractor partially open, as best as we could tell.