• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glock 44, Rimfire Perfection?

DRAM40A1

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2007
    S E of Dallas,TX.
    What little I’ve seen or read about the Glock 44 was enough to take a chance on it. I found it last weekend for $327 plus tax. So far, it has functioned 100% with everything I’ve fed it. I use quite a bit of CCI Blazer so luckily, it’s pretty accurate with that. The target in the photo is 5 rounds, slow fire off hand at 15 yards with the Blazer. Glock is making threaded barrels as well and I’ll add one as soon as someone has it in stock.

Attachments

• 32332CE1-3A5B-4AA3-9BC0-95CD67AC4D99.jpeg
      32332CE1-3A5B-4AA3-9BC0-95CD67AC4D99.jpeg
      651.5 KB · Views: 67
    • DF2BDF1E-38AA-4FFB-8629-096440542D00.jpeg
      DF2BDF1E-38AA-4FFB-8629-096440542D00.jpeg
      725 KB · Views: 89
    • 2505661C-13E8-4305-99EB-1FE18D11A84C.jpeg
      2505661C-13E8-4305-99EB-1FE18D11A84C.jpeg
      645.8 KB · Views: 80
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Tcoddington
    Looks like a keeper. I was going to wait for one with a threaded barrel, we will see if I can hold out.

Do you know if Glock will be releasing a threaded barrel model soon?

$327 was a steal. I bought mine for $359 and thought it was good money. Internets are blowing up over a couple guns with issues. One guy had a kaboom last weekend. Overall I really like mine and think it's a slick little gun.

Reactions: DRAM40A1
    From Past and Blast at Big Town gun show in Mesquite. He had a sign claiming best price at the show. He wasn’t bullshitting!

$327 was a steal. I bought mine for $359 and thought it was good money. Internets are blowing up over a couple guns with issues. One guy had a kaboom last weekend. Overall I really like mine and think it's a slick little gun.
    After tax, it was $355. I’ve only shot about 200 rounds so far but haven’t had an issue yet. CCI Velocitor is pretty sporty in it.

Way to burst my bubble! ?

Just tryin’ to look out for a brother! I wasn’t super excited when they announced it, to be honest. I’d have much rather preferred an aluminum slide and 15rnd mags at release. I guess I’m going to wait and see how they handle these multiple failures before I make a final decision...

Just tryin’ to look out for a brother! I wasn’t super excited when they announced it, to be honest. I’d have much rather preferred an aluminum slide and 15rnd mags at release. I guess I’m going to wait and see how they handle these multiple failures before I make a final decision...
    I have an Advantage Arms for my Gen 3 34 and have been thinking about getting one for my Gen 5 17. I think I’ll just park it in the safe until Glock comes up with a solution.

Could not be happier with mine. Fits my carry gear, cheap to shoot, effective for burning in the fundamentals. Don't have any experiences that mimic 22 Plinkster. Over 3,000 rounds of various high velocity ammo shot so far. Mainly CCI Mini Mags. Cheap readily available high velocity ammo fires at will. Bough 3 more mags ($24 each) for training. Ordered another G44 today!

A friend at my club had one, so I was able to shoot it a little yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised.

It feels just like any other small Glock and it cycled really well.

It's VERY light, but it's still a .22 so recoil isn't an issue at all.

Felt well-balanced and the 3 magazines I went through were accurate and had zero issues with the regular CCI ammo I used.

I wonder if the 36 grain ammunition that 22 Plinkster was using in that review was Remington Golden Bullet. My Experience has been that shit is a malf in every mag. I tell my kids we use it only to practice malfunction drills.

I’ve seen grumbles about the slides cracking. Going to see if it’s a real problem over time before I get one.

I wonder if the 36 grain ammunition that 22 Plinkster was using in that review was Remington Golden Bullet. My Experience has been that shit is a malf in every mag. I tell my kids we use it only to practice malfunction drills.

Same here. That stuff doesn't cycle through any pistols I've used. We only use it in our lever gun and bolt rifle.

Same here. That stuff doesn't cycle through any pistols I've used. We only use it in our lever gun and bolt rifle.

I would doubt it since he is a CCI sponsored shooter. I noted Federal bulk pack and his CCI Stinger line being used in the video, I may have missed something though.

I agree that RGB is absolute crap. That being said we put a bucket (1600 rounds?) of RGB through my buddy's G44 on Saturday as fast as we could. We certainly had quite a few stoppages, but the G44 ate close to 99% of the RGB. I do not recall any light primer strikes, mostly stove pipes/FTE on cases and just a few FTF's.

Overall I though it was a cool rimfire pistol that feels like a G19 and fits in a G19 holster. For S&G's I attached my Streamlight TSR-1 to the G44 and that additional weight completely countered the already minimal muzzle rise. :)

I've got over 100 rounds through mine (I know, that's nothing...), but I like mine so far. Mine doesn't run 100% with CCI SV, but it does pretty decent. Honestly this doesn't bother me, as I get to practice clearing malfunctions. But keep that in mind depending on what ammo you want to run, and how reliable you want it. I'll be happy with mine so long as it holds up long term, which looks like it may be questionable so far...

Pistol perfection in a .22...that's easy.

Volquartsen scorpion. Like a hand held rifle. Superior accuracy and reliability.

The one I shot felt like a toy. That coupled with the fact that a threaded barrel is an aftermarket only option, I'm going to pass.