• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 48 Recommendations...

Sooter76

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2012
Lincoln, NE
So I bought a G48 a couple days ago. This wasn't related to the current panic as I have enough guns and ammo that I don't worry about short term stupidity. I bought the G48 because as the warmer months approach I want something that conceals better than my G19 in shorts and t-shirt weather. Overall I'm very pleased with the pistol. It lacks the girth that my large hands are used to but it aims well and imprints far less than my G19. However, like all Glocks the stock trigger sucks and the grip is less tactile than I like leading me to asking for a couple recommendations...

1) My G19 has a HSP Skimmer trigger installed. I really like this trigger for CCW. The pull weight is similar to a stock trigger but it has less pre-travel and breaks very clean and crisp. Unfortunately they don't offer a trigger for the G48. Can anyone recommend a similar trigger for the G48?

2) I'd like to get the frame stippled but am a little concerned about the thin walls compared to a larger Glock. Has anyone had any issues with theirs and if not who would you recommend for the work?

3) I have a flared magwell adapter on my G19 to aid in rapid magazine changes, does anyone make a magwell adapter for the G48?

Thanks in advance.

I had mine stipples by stippgrips (you can find him on Instagram), I’ve had three frames done by him over the years. Not sure about the trigger, I have an Agency in my G43 and they are supposed to be the same (at least Zev states so for theirs) but I have not tried it in the G48 yet.

Attachments

• 42973FAA-E2BF-4A3B-84B3-4453216B6384.jpeg
    42973FAA-E2BF-4A3B-84B3-4453216B6384.jpeg
    909.8 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: lancetkenyon
I bought a G48 for my wife too.
Her nightstand gun has been a .45ACP S&W PD1911 w. Laser grips for about 8 years. I have been wondering if a 9mm might better suit her.
We went to the range, and she did not like the 48 at all compared to her 1911.
So now my 17 year old daughter has a G48 (she was shooting it VERY well). No, she does not carry it yet.
Unfortunately, it does not have some of the features I like in a CCW pistol. No rail for light, not RMR cut (not sure if it capable for a cut to be milled in).
So my 7+1 .45ACP Kimber 1911 Tactical Ultra and G19 will remain my main carry pistols, depending on what I am wearing at the time.

I carry a Glock 43 that was stippled by Ben Simonson at Boresight Solutions... It's the cat's meow. No worries on the thickness of the frame if done by someone that knows what they're doing. Mine also has an Apex trigger. I assume the triggers are the same between the 43 & the 48, but I don't know that to be fact. No idea on the flared magwell. I did just order an extended slide release for it that's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes... I run those on my 17 & 19 and really like them.