• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock Announcement

To be honest, until we get to the point where we are using directed energy weapons, this is how I feel about any pistol release. I'm not sure there is a ton of room to maneuver on "innovation," at least not that is truly useful to most people.

Reactions: Precisiondada
I'm VERY underwhelmed. To make matters worse, it's the size of a g19, but only holds 10 rounds- of 22lr.

To be honest, until we get to the point where we are using directed energy weapons, this is how I feel about any pistol release. I'm not sure there is a ton of room to maneuver on "innovation," at least not that is truly useful to most people.
I was honestly kinda hoping to see a carbine release

Only 10 rounds and doesn’t come with a threaded barrel.
Going to be a hard pass by me until they address those major flaws.

Or you can just buy an Advantage Arms kit (slide and mag) and buy their 25 round mags...

10 rounds is fine for plinking - and might get it into a few more jurisdictions.

A local shop has shown one with a threaded barrel on Facebook. Probably because regular G19 size is slightly too small for current gun laws over here.

Meh! I like me some Glocks, but 10 rounds of .22LR is a deal-breaker for me. Especially for $400. I've already got a 10-round .22 pistol (Ruger SR-22).

Anyone have experience with the Keltec CP33 (quad-stack 33-round mags!)?? It looks like it would be a hoot!

I'm VERY underwhelmed. To make matters worse, it's the size of a g19, but only holds 10 rounds- of 22lr.

well, thats the point, it was designed to mirror the 19 in size. As for 10-rd mag, double stack rimfire mags are tricky to feed reliably

Reactions: E. Bryant
Meh! I like me some Glocks, but 10 rounds of .22LR is a deal-breaker for me. Especially for $400. I've already got a 10-round .22 pistol (Ruger SR-22).

Anyone have experience with the Keltec CP33 (quad-stack 33-round mags!)?? It looks like it would be a hoot!
I love my sr-22!

I love my sr-22!

Yeah... the SR22 is a great little pistol. And, it is LITTLE. But, it's fun and a great plinker. I'd enjoy hearing about any experience with the CP33 from Keltec. 33+1 rounds of 22LR!

I also have a Ruger 10-22 and a Ruger American Rimfire rifle. Also... LOTS of fun... S&W M&P 15-22 (AR-15-style .22LR). And, a Browning BL-22! Love my lever-action 22! Some day, I'd like a Ruger Single-Ten and a S&W 617! Though the new, very economical, Ruger Wrangler is intriguing, too.

If it's true the G44 is the same size as a G19 (which I own), then only 10 rounds is PATHETIC. Big mistake by Glock. It would be a great trainer, if it had at least 15 rounds. Too bad. :(

I’ll buy one. I’m comb Glock FanBoy and Glock whore. 19 is my Fav Glock. Am sure threaded bbl option is in works. And I hope weight is approx same also. But I bet it wont take place of my threaded KMK512 Ruger!!

Just saw this on Facebook:

1576079111196.png

That Keltec is calling to me!

Reactions: crackerbrown
I agree, I already have plenty of 10 rd. .22lr pistols. A day late, and a dollar short on Glock's part.

I bet there will be all kinds of after market hi rd magazines for this pistol but I don't get it why they don't have a 15rd mag.A nice 50rd drum mag and I might be interested.

I love Glocks. I own several quite a few, two of which are 19s. I probably won’t own a 44, though. Bigger magazine and threadd barrel might change my mind, though.

Until then, maybe the Keltec P17 or CP-33 will get added to my gun vault, especially if they offer it without the manual safety.

I was honestly kinda hoping to see a carbine release

LOL. Me too. What makes me chuckle is that I’ve been to Glock Armorer courses every few years for over two decades. I can’t tell you how many times the instructors were asked about a Glock carbine. For years we were told that they were working on it and to stand by, or they had one but couldn’t import it, or they were working on manufacturing it in the USA, or the special unicorn pubic hair needed to make the trigger less sloppy were hard to source... Maybe some day!

I bet there will be all kinds of after market hi rd magazines for this pistol but I don't get it why they don't have a 15rd mag.A nice 50rd drum mag and I might be interested.
Tricky to make reliable with rimfire and other rimmed cartridges?
Legal in more jurisdictions?

Watching Glock's presser yesterday got me to thinking that to make a 22 semi auto pistol at Glock levels of reliability, they decided to keep the capacity reasonable. It's the size of G19 for a very well thought out reasons...

How many 10+ round 22lr pistols actually run at full capacity? Plus for plinking, first time shooters, and the training market will all be quite happy with 10 rounds. Rhetorically, why are many youth guns single shot only?

Keeping the G44 at 10 rounds and not selling it threaded is a smart business and manufacturing decision. Most consumers are never going to own and suppressor (under current regulations), thus really don't care much one way or the other about the barrel threading. Keeping the number of model and option variations to a minimum keeps costs down all along the supply chain.

Glock is going to offer a factory threaded accessory barrel (as will aftermarket producers). Accessory sales generate much better bottom line margin dollars. Some vendor will make a bigger capacity magazine that may or may not function reliably with more than a dozen rounds.

Looks like that's it...

Accessory threaded barrel
MSRP $155.00
MFG # 50480
UPC/EAN: 764503041983

I have a S&W M&P 22 full size....I've had it for several years. Forget when I bought it. It is the same size as my 9mm, and 40S&W, and 45ACP.....it has been a very fun little gun that youths and women have shot and then graduated up the ladder to the 45....

I'm surprised it took Glock this long to catch up. The S&W is a 12+1. At first I had to take a jewelers file to the slide follower in the magazine to keep it running smooth and not have any fail to feeds...but now it runs fine with a gazillion rounds through it. Buds has them for $379.

I personally know the guy who runs Advantage Arms. Good guy. Good product. And he has mags that are larger than 10 rounds.

Exactly what I was going to say.
I’m sure aftermarket companies will address those issues right away. Then by the time you get the Glock just where you want it you will probably have $800 into it.

Reactions: Milf Dots
*MEH* a polymer slide 22lr steet price around $350. For $220 the Advantage Arms kits are better and run on your lower with any mods you may have. Glock's 5-10yrs too late with this.