• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glock / Barrel / Opinion of

softcock

novice judgmental prick
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2006
    Oregon
    Need a ego eye put on this, by someone who actually has some real armorer knowledge.

OK ( Me ) .. I know just enough for proper tear down and maintenance, and shooting/clean of the Glocks .
    Last couple months I have been buying parts and assembling . I trying to acquire better understanding , learn a little more depth of mechanics, of GLOCK what I been carrying for many years AIWB pointed at my groin .

For someone who has put together a lot of Glocks. This probably sounds like sub-basic question, but I need an opinion of what I have here ?.
    as far as the Hood not seating up higher and flush with the Slide ?
    I have 26 and 19 that Barrels are flush fit with Hood and top of Slide . Is the distance shown in Pic. Safe ? , being that far down from Flush Fit ?

This Pic. . It is one of the aftermarket barrels that arrived together with Slides that I got last month .
    -

3CR Barrels.jpg

-

Last edited:
    I’ve played with many Glocks and P80 builds and tons of aftermarket parts. That pic appears out of battery. It appears the slide is not fully engaged. If the slide is fully forward, the barrel chamber is too low (assuming all the dimensions are to spec).

A quick search of “fitted” match grade Glock barrels will show you the proper hood alignment.

I would not run that barrel. There could be a safety concern (out if battery firing) and if not there is a good chance accuracy will be affected due to a poor lock-up surface contact.

Good luck…

I’ve played with many Glocks and P80 builds and tons of aftermarket parts. That pic appears out of battery. It appears the slide is not fully engaged. If the slide is fully forward, the barrel chamber is too low (assuming all the dimensions are to spec).

A quick search of “fitted” match grade Glock barrels will show you the proper hood alignment.

I would not run that barrel. There could be a safety concern (out if battery firing) and if not there is a good chance accuracy will be affected due to a poor lock-up surface contact.

Good luck…
    This ^^^

With the slide off of the frame, can the barrel seat high enough in the slide to be flush at the top? If so, there might be an issue with the under-barrel lugs and how they engage the locking block when it is all assembled on the frame.

Reactions: softcock
    Lots of information on fitting a Glock barrel available with a quick search. It's fitted when it's flush.

[

Reactions: softcock
    Lots of information on fitting a Glock barrel available with a quick search. It's fitted when it's flush.

[

Good link and info, and the File Jig is pretty slick .
    Apex link say's for Smith M&P barrels , not sure if Jig fit will secure a Glock barrel ?
    ...thanks

Last edited:
    With the slide off of the frame, can the barrel seat high enough in the slide to be flush at the top? If so, there might be an issue with the under-barrel lugs and how they engage the locking block when it is all assembled on the frame.
    Yes!

Need a ego eye put on this, by someone who actually has some real armorer knowledge.

OK ( Me ) .. I know just enough for proper tear down and maintenance, and shooting/clean of the Glocks .
    Last couple months I have been buying parts and assembling . I trying to acquire better understanding , learn a little more depth of mechanics, of GLOCK what I been carrying for many years AIWB pointed at my groin .

For someone who has put together a lot of Glocks. This probably sounds like sub-basic question, but I need an opinion of what I have here ?.
    as far as the Hood not seating up higher and flush with the Slide ?
    I have 26 and 19 that Barrels are flush fit with Hood and top of Slide . Is the distance shown in Pic. Safe ? , being that far down from Flush Fit ?

This Pic. . It is one of the aftermarket barrels that arrived together with Slides that I got last month .
    -

View attachment 8299884
    -
    I will look at my factory G27 and see the hood height tonight.

Good link and info, and the File Jig is pretty slick .
    Apex link say's for Smith M&P barrels , not sure if Jig fit will secure a Glock barrel ?
    ...thanks
    That might just be because I was lazy finding a link. Search properly for Glock fitting instructions and tools and you'll find all you need.

The barrel hood lugs need to be adjusted with a square file. Mark the lugs with Dykem or red sharpie, insert the barrel in the slide and use your thumb to push the barrel up into the breech until it is flush (if you can) ; remove the barrel and examine where the witness marks are on your Dykem surfaces, take one swipe, re-install with lugs marked, repeat until the breech just snaps into place. Don't necessarily need a Apex styled jig, just a vise and a square stroke on the lugs. It's pretty easy. In your situation it's a really small amount of material to be removed to get the breech hood to move into proper position and be flush mounted.

IMG_6509.jpg
    IMG_6510.jpg
    IMG_6511.jpg

The barrel hood lugs need to be adjusted with a square file. Mark the lugs with Dykem or red sharpie, insert the barrel in the slide and use your thumb to push the barrel up into the breech until it is flush (if you can) ; remove the barrel and examine where the witness marks are on your Dykem surfaces, take one swipe, re-install with lugs marked, repeat until the breech just snaps into place. Don't necessarily need a Apex styled jig, just a vise and a square stroke on the lugs. It's pretty easy. In your situation it's a really small amount of material to be removed to get the breech hood to move into proper position and be flush mounted.

View attachment 8300907View attachment 8300908View attachment 8300909
    This is the way