• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Glock barrel

Bryan27

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2007
Tennessee
I posted about glock replacement barrels in the handgun section and got a lot of good replies and decided that I'm going to go with a drop in barrel that doesn't require fitting, BUT I am curious what is involved with fitting a glock barrel like a Wilson Combat? What would it cost to have fitted, approximately?

Re: Glock barrel

Dont know about Wilson, but KKM and Lone Wolf are just drop-in.
Have one for my G20 and another for the G22

Re: Glock barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless the maker is grossly sloppy, ALL Glocks are drop-in. </div></div>

To get tight tolerances, Barsto makes both gunsmith-fitted and "semi-drop in." I have the semi-drop in for both my G-17 and G-26. Both went in with a "snick!" and just fit, taking up most all of the slop in the barrel-slide-frame fitment. I just get to shoot them. However, in some Glocks, minor filing might be necessary.

Nothing sloppy about the Barsto barrels, but in order to get the tightest fit, they went with dimensions that will drop in to most, but not all Glocks.