• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock Competition Options?

jacq220

Sergeant
Minuteman
Just traded for a GLOCK 17L 3.5 pound trigger. Wanting to turn this into a really fun competition limited type gun... Will eventually use for limited competition but not good enough for that yet.... What are some of the options i can do to this thing to trick it out... Please include links or prices with your answers.... Specifically looking at recoil systems, comped barrels, trigger overtravel adjustment devices and optics..... No price limits, but i am on a budget and not looking for the absolute best of the best..... OH and one my thing, DONT ASK ME WHY, cas i cant tell you... just a bug i have i suppose.

Re: Glock Competition Options?

I have this same question, but wanted to know what changes (if any) people would recommend to a glock that was a mixed use weapon (some limited tactical comps), carry/home defense. Would you do a magwell (does it make it too bulky?), trigger, etc?

Glocks don't need to be tricked out. I have put night sights on mine, and that's all they need.

National comps have been won with box stock Glocks.

It's not about the gun.

Personally, I upgraded my G35 with a Glock worx fulcrum trigger set. It is AWESOME. (PM me for pricing- I am a dealer there) It lightens the trigger, and reduces the trigger reset by half.

I also am adding a set of Dawson precision sights. I went with the target rear, and fiber optic front. They have several different options.

I also added 2 Arredondo mag extenders. It bumps up my capacity from 15 to 20 rounds per mag. This means less mag chamges, and adds more weight to the pistol and helps for faster follow up shots. I can't find the link for my Glock.

I haven't changed out the barrel, since it shoots well stock.

Glock Worx folcrum trigger:
http://www.glockwarehouse.com/category_s/49.htm

Dawson sights:
http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHT+SETS

dont want to leave it stock... have three other glocks that i am leaving stock so this one i want to trick out with the works... Chad pm sent....

I like the idea of a target rear sight and fiber optic front.... anybody have any preferences.

I have a sig with the fiber optic sights and they are my fav handgun sights. I have had a weapon with fiber optic sights that dont illuminate in the dark...wasnt a fan.

Lindy has a valid point. However, it's fun to make the pistol your own too. I'm guessing you're going to be using it for IPSC? If so, since you said "Limited" stay away from comps and optics or you'll be shooting in Open.

+1 on the Dawson Sights. The fiber optic/matte rear make for a great sight picture. If it was a carry gun I'd find another sight system. There are a metric shit ton of aftermarket parts for Glocks. Dawson Precision lists a bunch of stuff take a look at their site . The 24 I used for Limited before I got my STI had the following:

-DP fiber optic front sight
-DP adj. rear sight
-DP +5 mag. extensions
-DP Heavy Ice magwell
-Aro Tek ext. slide release
-T.H.E. ext. mag release
-3.5# Ghost rocket connector, with internals polished. Great trigger for a Glock
wink.gif

-Tungsten guide rod, non-captive. (factory, captive guide rod and spring incl.)
-Storm Lake SS barrel

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

I'll have to search for links but IIRC I got the slide, mag release, and connector from Brownells. The guide rod and barrel from TopGlock and everything else from Dawson Precision.

you could try wolff springs. Trigger spring and firing pin spring. I had trouble when I used their extractor depressor plunger spring. I didn't notice anything different when using their firing pin safety spring. The trigger spring and firing pin spring make a difference IMO

Out of all the connectors I like the lone wolf one.

dlc56... what sights are those... thinking about something very similar... just want to be able to run this gun as fast as I personally can...
NOT A CARRY GUN... have have three other glocks that fit that bill way better
and yea i meant OPEN division not limited. Not like i stand a chance in those divisions FOR NOW.

We were issued glock 22's and I gotta tell ya... it was a PAINFUL transition. We were allowed to do anything we wanted to it as long as we did not remove material or alter the frame or slide. I did the following

1. Tungsten Guide Rod
2. 3.5 Trigger
3 THE Accessories mag well and weight

It is amazing at how sharp the .40cal recoil is.

In the end we all had to relearn the grip etc.

wish I had my 1911 and sig back

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dlc56... what sights are those... thinking about something very similar... just want to be able to run this gun as fast as I personally can...
and yea i meant OPEN division not limited. Not like i stand a chance in those divisions FOR NOW. </div></div>

The front sight is a Dawson Precision fiber optic .125" X .205" tall found HERE and the rear is a Dawson Precision adj. found HERE. The adj. rear sight requires a .285" or .3" height front sight. The offer sight sets and also have a 'close out' or 'specials' section that's worth a look.

+1 on the ghost recommendation, I put their standard 3.5 trigger in my G20 for hunting and love it.
Sights for comp....heinie rear w/ dawson fiber front
Havent' tried the arrendondo stuff personally but hear a lot about it. The mag well will add a bit of bulk but unless you've put some practice time in with the changes the "well" will making the "hitting the proverbial hole" easier.

Sevigny competition sights from Warren Tactical. (About $70)

Spend the rest of your cash on ammo.

Sniff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dlc56... what sights are those... thinking about something very similar... just want to be able to run this gun as fast as I personally can...
and yea i meant OPEN division not limited. Not like i stand a chance in those divisions FOR NOW. </div></div>

17L's are fun pistols just be aware that if you plan on shooting USPSA in limited or open you will have to shoot the 9MM factored 'minor'. Also is not approved for the production division.

^ Good point. I forgot to mention the power factor. Of course if you don't miss the steel and hit nothing but A's then PF doesn't really matter
wink.gif

I'll go against the grain here and say I would go with the more precise black on black arrangement. Calling shots is easier and they are more solid. A set of Heinie's in black will do nicely.

Black on black sights is what I like. When my eyes start going further in the shitter, I may try fiber optic again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sevigny competition sights from Warren Tactical. (About $70)

Spend the rest of your cash on ammo.

Sniff </div></div>

Yup!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I upgraded my G35 with a Glock worx fulcrum trigger set. It is AWESOME. (PM me for pricing- I am a dealer there) It lightens the trigger, and reduces the trigger reset by half.

I also am adding a set of Dawson precision sights. I went with the target rear, and fiber optic front. They have several different options.

I also added 2 Arredondo mag extenders. It bumps up my capacity from 15 to 20 rounds per mag. This means less mag chamges, and adds more weight to the pistol and helps for faster follow up shots. I can't find the link for my Glock.

I haven't changed out the barrel, since it shoots well stock.

Glock Worx folcrum trigger:
http://www.glockwarehouse.com/category_s/49.htm

Dawson sights:
http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHT+SETS

</div></div>

I got mine in today. I had been waiting for Chad's to break and it hasn't yet. Thought I would try it and I really like it so far with just the dry firing I have done. Time will tell....

My competition Glocks are pretty basic. Warren Sevigny Competition sights, Glock - connector, Wolff striker and trigger springs, Tru-Grip grip tape and a 13 lb ISMI recoil spring on a steel guide rod.

For limited and open guns I add a Dawson Ice magwell. I've got a Fulcrum trigger in one of my open guns that is just awesome.

I've used different aftermarket barrels with varying results. I've got a couple very accurate Glock barrels. The only Glock I've got that is more accurate than a stock barrel is an SJC Open gun with a KKM barrel in it. That thing will stack bullets one on top of another at 35 yards.