• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Glock Front Sight Screw

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
Is the head on the screw that holds in an aftermarket front sight on a Glock 3mm or 3/16"? Thanks.

Re: Glock Front Sight Screw

My guess it's metric...no idea on size

These guys will know....http://www.glockmeister.com/

Wouldn't suggest a hardware store bought screw if that's where you are heading. Those Glock screws have a VERY thin head to not interfere with the brl. Won't find one like it at any ACE that I know of!

Glockmeister can take care of you

FWIW
Wes in Az

Nope, I've got the screw, just didn't want to bugger it up. Its a 3mm, and installed as we speak.

You will need a Glock front sight tool. You can get them from Dawson Precision or from most Glock accessory places. I like the Dawson one better, since it is smaller and comes with a sight punch to mount/move sights. If there is a gun smith near you, just go in and ask him to tighten the screw on for you with some red loctite.

Chad- I was able to use dental pick to remove the old one and a 3mm nutdriver to install the new. I used blue locktite--if it breaks loose I'll use the red next time. Thanks for the assist.

I use blue and of the three I have one has never come loose, my G17 was bought in 91, the Trijicons are dead but the front sight is still tight.

Ok, good. I tried the blue for my G35, and it wiggled loose. So, I bought the red loctite, and used it on my G29 and G35 now. Should hold now. That's the last thing I want to come loose on my Glock, or any hand gun for that matter.

Cool- Thanks for the info 427! The locktite is still wet so I can change it with little effort if needed--but it looks like it isn't necessary.

Chad- I am going to swap the rear sight at the range this weekend and then blow a couple hundred rounds through it. If it holds tight, it should be fine in my nightstand.