• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWILLIAMS

Nobody
Minuteman
May 30, 2006
Gillette, Wyoming
OK so I have this buddy with a Glock 34 and it occasionally fails to feed with all the magazines he has. The gun was bought new and the front of the frame has always touched the barrel. I believe this may be causing some issues and the problem for the jams, what is everyones consensus. Should he send it to Glock and have them fix it?
photobucket-43608-1332166825373.jpg

photobucket-42431-1332166627817.jpg

photobucket-43608-1332166825373.jpg

Re: Glock Help

Gun has probably around 100 rounds down it. This is the first Glock I have ever seen have consecutive FTF and FTE.

i say regardless of what the problem is - if its constantly FTF FTE rounds then glock should remedy that

just my opinion

let us know how it works out for you

This frame could certainly be the cause of the problems because the polymer is touching the slide (not the barrel). This could create enough friction to keep the slide from fully moving rearwards on the ejection cycle. This could be easily remedied by applying heat and reshaping the polymer, but if you are not the do it yourself type then I would have a Glock armorer or gunsmith take a look at it.

Many cheap types of ammo in 9mm are also produced today. They function fine most of the time, but if there is just a little extra friction you could have this type of problem.

That looks like the typical Glock "pignose" to me.

pignose.jpg

I might try a different type, or box, of ammo... but if it's failing to just work, send it back. Glocks are supposed to just work.

My G35 looks exactly like that, I think it's either the shooter limp wristing it and/or ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My G35 looks exactly like that, I think it's either the shooter limp wristing it and/or ammo. </div></div>
Not the shooter as I have never had a problem with my 21 and I believe there is a bit more recoil there. Also yes it is rubbing on the frame. I am a do it yourself type and have ground the finger grooves off of mine and recontoured a bit. I have shot a lot of Glocks and this is the first with a problem that I have seen. Also gun has fired multiple types of ammo from Cheap FMJ to Speer Gold dot and Hydroshocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mordamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This frame could certainly be the cause of the problems because the polymer is touching the slide (not the barrel). This could create enough friction to keep the slide from fully moving rearwards on the ejection cycle. This could be easily remedied by applying heat and reshaping the polymer, but if you are not the do it yourself type then I would have a Glock armorer or gunsmith take a look at it.

Many cheap types of ammo in 9mm are also produced today. They function fine most of the time, but if there is just a little extra friction you could have this type of problem. </div></div>

this is incorrect my glock 34 looks exactly like this and i can assure you that the polymer is causing little to no friction
change out the mag and your problems should go away also during the first 500 rounds i would keep it lubed up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWILLIAMS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My G35 looks exactly like that, I think it's either the shooter limp wristing it and/or ammo. </div></div>
Not the shooter as I have never had a problem with my 21 and I believe there is a bit more recoil there. Also yes it is rubbing on the frame. I am a do it yourself type and have ground the finger grooves off of mine and recontoured a bit. I have shot a lot of Glocks and this is the first with a problem that I have seen. Also gun has fired multiple types of ammo from Cheap FMJ to Speer Gold dot and Hydroshocks. </div></div>

A glock 21 has plenty of recoil to function. The G34 had to have the slide lightened as there isn't enough recoil energy to cycle it with that weight in place.

So, the fact that you can make a Glock 21 run doesn't really mean that you've 100% ruled out shooter error.

Lube it up heavily, and try it with a couple different types of ammo.

Most people don't lube their guns properly (read:HEAVILY), so during the first few rounds through the gun that's not super unheard of on guns like the 17L,24,34,35.

The frame/slide contact is plenty common... You can take a file to it to speed it up and create some space if you really care about it.

See how it runs wet, and with some +P ammo, or really anything different.

I've seen M&P9L's do the same thing when new.

I will wet her down and ride her hard and see what she does. If I still have the problem I have been in touch with Glock and will get it fixed that way. Thanks everyone.

If my Glocks required heavy lube to run correctly I would have Glock fix them (because something is wrong with them) or just get rid of them.

DONT lube it heavy that will increase your problems. Glock's are designed to run on little lube if i remember right its like 5 drops.
The lube points are in the manual.
I've never had issues with my 34 and shot all sorts of ammo through it factory an reloads. Change the mag an see if that helps an dont forget to keep that wrist locked.

3 different mags and several different types of ammo and still the same problems. I believe it is 6 points and I usually just use a dab of tetra on my Glocks. Never had a problem with any 17,19, or 21 I have owned. This is the first one that I have seen with a problem.

Send it to GLOCK... They WILL fix it.

You should NOT have to trouble shoot a Glock.. and their company will tell you that.

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA)

Glock is going to take care of me, they are sending a few parts to try and if that doesnt do it I will send the gun in. First time I have ever had a problem with a Glock but there CS has been outstanding so far and that goes a long ways with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DONT lube it heavy that will increase your problems. Glock's are designed to run on little lube if i remember right its like 5 drops.
The lube points are in the manual.
I've never had issues with my 34 and shot all sorts of ammo through it factory an reloads. Change the mag an see if that helps an dont forget to keep that wrist locked.</div></div>

That is simply not true.

Ask some of the expert USERS of the guns how to lube them and not the Glock lawyers. Ask guys like Paul Howe, Larry Vickers, Kyle Defoor, etc.... the guys who actually went out and used their weapons on hits.

Generous lube does NOT create problems... it's only when it's present in areas where it shouldn't be that it becomes a problem.

And yes, I'm a Glock armorer... which is basically 1.5 hours of info condensed into 10 hours of Glock marketing.

While I worked as a range officer, I saw about 500k rounds go downrange, mostly through pistols (indoor 25 yard range). During that time I maintained about 50 rental guns. Adding lubrication would make even a filthy gun function, just about every time. A lack of lubrication was THE most common source of problems for shooters. I literally made dozens, if not hundreds of guns run just by adding more lubrication to them. This stayed true on everything from MP5 and M4 select fire weapons, to 1911's and Glocks.

Just because Glock usually will run in spite of a lack of lubrication, they don't run better dry than they do wet.

That's fine, well, and good... But Glocks don't require an abundance of lubricant.

How do I know?

Because I've run every Glock I own with zero lube before. Literally, a mineral spirits tank detail clean, and reassembly minus lube. They run 99.5% this way. A drop of motor oil off your engine's dipstick into each slide rail makes it 100%.

Not saying zero lube is good - just pointing out how little is required.

I agree that a filthy gun that is malfunctioning usually responds well to a bit of lube - but I see some folks with guns drenched in oil/grease, and that is simply not required.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's fine, well, and good... But Glocks don't require an abundance of lubricant.

How do I know?

Because I've run every Glock I own with zero lube before. Literally, a mineral spirits tank detail clean, and reassembly minus lube. They run 99.5% this way. A drop of motor oil off your engine's dipstick into each slide rail makes it 100%.

Not saying zero lube is good - just pointing out how little is required.

I agree that a filthy gun that is malfunctioning usually responds well to a bit of lube - but I see some folks with guns drenched in oil/grease, and that is simply not required.</div></div>

Roger that.

Also, if you have ONE drop of lube to put anywhere, the barrel hood/slide interface at the front of the hood is where you'd want to put it.

There is absolutely minimal friction between the rails of the frame and slide, but there is a lot more friction between the barrel and slide between the lockup surfaces.

I no longer lube the rails on the gun, but I will lube the barrel/slide contact points with enthusiasm. I just apply a heavy weight synthetic motor oil until it runs, then wipe off the excess. It stays in place for weeks/ months, and doesn't burn off/evaporate like lighter gun oils tend to.

I know there is not one pictured, but are you shooting with a tac light? If so, those that tighten down with a screw can be over tightened and cause feed problems.

No light or anything on rail. I believe we have the problem tracked down and when the new part gets here I will function test.