• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*greenhorn*

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Daytona, Fl
had a glock 19 come in, all stock but with a extended ported barrel. all springs stock. wont cycle, i am thinking it is because of the pressures off because of the barrel, I'm needing to reduce the main/slide spring

Re: glock help

I'm guessing it's not a Glock barrel?

Lighter recoil spring should fix it if the problem is due to the porting. I'd try a 12# spring.

If that doesn't work the barrel fit may be the problem.

yea i dont know the maker of the barrel, no markings. i mic-ed the fit. im pretty shure its the spring i wanted a second opinion.

can you elaborate on wont cycle
wont manually cycle or wont feed the next round when you fire it?

my first thought is it may be a glock 17 barrel

first thing I'd do is to get some reduced power recoil springs...check Wolf springs. They make some that are 10-15# reduced power

You'll have to describe the cycling issue. Does it drop out of battery at all?

got a pic of the gun/barrel?

Do you have the factory barrel to go with it? If so, mike all the locking surfaces/lug hood area.

Start simple - try different ammo, manufacturer/bullet weight.
Try another mag...in addition to the posts above check mag springs, may need a heavier one.
Just a thought - good luck

the factory barrel is missing, he doesnt know whare it is, i dont have a barrel to try it out

did all the simple checks ie. the mag and what not, had to lighten the mainspring and its a sewing machine agin.