• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Glock Holster

223ai

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2006
Texas
I know next to nothing about holsters as I never carry a pistol. Given that there will probably be a pistol stage at the Sniper's Hide Cup, I am in need of a proper holster that will work with a SOTECH padded pistol belt with PALS webbing. I can't see a drop leg holster doing me any good as I am pretty "High Drag". I also know that I have no interest in a Blackhawk SERPA.

Any ideas?

Re: Glock Holster

I was no SERPA lover myself, but for stuff the Cup\Bash it was the best 40 bucks I ever spent, IDK if they make a MOLLE adapter, Safariland with a 6280 SLS and a MOLLE adapter mls15 or 16 is GTG, its important that you keep positive retention of your pistol, Jacob loves to fuck with people who don't.

Thanks Brian. I might be a bit too cautious, but the draw on the SERPA seems to put my trigger finger in a position to pop off a round on accident. I have no experience with it, so I welcome any criticism.

A very reliable source pointed me to this, and I was just about to buy it;

http://specopsbrand.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=44#

Hey JP, the brief time I owned a Glock I knew it was a range toy for my 9mm can so I picked up a Serpa just to carry it on the range. Flame me if you want, but I liked it a lot. At least for me was intuitive and worked as advertised. Some of the folks on this site who have used them harder than casual carry mentioned the primary drawback is it can collect shit in the holster and f-with the release mechanism.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Brian. I might be a bit too cautious, but the draw on the SERPA seems to put my trigger finger in a position to pop off a round on accident. I have no experience with it, so I welcome any criticism.

A very reliable source pointed me to this, and I was just about to buy it;

http://specopsbrand.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=44# </div></div>

IMHO, A negligent discharge is a training problem not a holster problem.

Asking for holster advice is like asking us how we think our shoes will fit your feet. Speaking of shoes, if you carry, train with, compete with or even use a pistol on the range, you will, overtime, develop a nice array of holsters as your wife or GF does shoes. This isn't a bad thing, I only add it because some folks think holsters are like highlanders (There can be only one)

Thanks for the advice guys, especially 427Cobra. I found a 6280 sitting in my gunsafe and will be buying the Molle locking system to go with it.

Best,
Josh

I have a Safariland 6005 SLS holster wich you can also mount on your vest with their 6004-5 MOLLE adapter plate. Hope to help you with this.