• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Glock Long Slide 9mm w/RMR LED

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA
Got a smoking deal on this package. Pretty close to what I've been wanting to put together for a while.

RMR RM02's dot is a bit blurry though. Looks like the glue used to put the protective glass over the LED fogged it a bit. Either that or the reflective layer sandwiched between the main pieces of glass has some kind of blemishes. (I spent an insane amount of time trying to clean all the oil that was on the optic. The whole pistol was saturated, I don't know what the previous owner was thinking. Glock's don't need that level of lubrication.) Still it's usable.

Magwell was installed incorrectly, but I fixed it.

Rough texture frame is actually pretty cool. Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector is the first I've had. I always wanted one, but never could find one in stock.

I added an extended magazine release that I had in my parts bin.

I hope it shoots well!

Edit: Well I shot it and it shot freakin awesome! Functioned great! Still I didn't like how the frame felt, so I modified it similar to the way I've done to my G19. Undercut the trigger guard. Opened up the trigger guard so I'm less likely to drag my trigger finger. Took the hook out of the front of the trigger guard so it doesn't catch as much on a draw. (Also looks cool!) Finally I blended the trigger safety so that it fits flush when depressed.

Re: Glock Long Slide 9mm w/RMR LED

I have a 17 decked out like this. The glaring difference is mine has a threaded wolf barrel and comp on it. I had a hard time getting the gun to run with the comp on it. I could remove the comp and it worked like a champ. I am going to try the wolf 11lb spring and see if that helps.
I do like how your G has the iron sites on it as well. I am only able to have the red dot on my set up. It is a significant change for me to shoot the red dot.
Let us know how it shoots I am going to post pics of mine as soon as I get the new spring in.

Nice!

It looks like a pistol I have wanted to build for years thats on the back burner.
I'd like to build a long slide 10mm with a melted in small dot sight. It would be a backcountry mountain carry gun. Fit for man or beast (boar & bear)

Good job!

nice looking pistol. i had a 17L way back in the day and i loved the feel and balance when it was loaded

Looks great! I have a Lone Wolf frame that I got at the Shot Show and I would like to put a Lone Wolf slide on it and do up something close to what you have. let us know how she shoots.

Its always best to rock out with your Glock out!

Thanks!

Sights do a lower thirds co-witness. They are tall suppressor sights. From what I hear a lot of people have a steeper learning curve for using the reddot if there aren't iron sights on it. (From an article on warrior talk.)

Currently I have a 1911 22lr kit that I run a Burris fastfire on that completely obscures the irons. It took me a while to get used to, but now I'm pretty fast at acquiring the dot. (I've been able to pretty consistently hit a 12" steel plate at 80yds with that setup.)

The Burris Fastfire's 4moa dot is perfectly useful, so I don't see any reason in running an 8moa dot. (Of course this thing came with an 8moa dot, but since I bought it for so cheap I can't complain.)

Oh and for the long slide 10mm. Here you go!

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/tsd-1010mmlongslide.aspx

That is a very nice gun. I have a similar gun from a G35 with the Leupold Delta Reflex sight melted into a Lonewolf slide. I choose not to do co-witness because I didn't want the rear sight to block any of the field of view. Aim at center of mass and you won't be able to see what is happening at the waist line. If the sight breaks I'm sure I can still use it to fight until repairs can be made.

Good looking Glock. I love my G24. Balances nicely in the hand.