• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock Night Sight Help

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
I'm having some trouble finding suppressor height sights for a Glock 20. I am essentially after the Trijicon HD night sights, but in suppressor height.

Would like:
Front: Yellow/green outline / Green Tritium
Rear: Black/minimal outline / Yellow Tritium

Know of anywhere to find them? (edit: I'm not sure if anybody makes them. Not having trouble with availability (yet))

Thanks!

Last edited:
Are you saying you can't find them because they are out of stock or you can't find them because they're not made?

There's no in stock items anymore, or at least of the popular stuff. When you can't find #8 shot 12 Ga shotgun shells, you know the world has gone it noggin.

My son is looking for a glock trigger for a 44 he's building and they said it would be 90 to 180 days before they'd ship. I don't know how they can forecast that far out. But that's their story.

Reactions: camocorvette
Also, I'll check to see what I have laying around. I bought a few of them but don't know how many (if any) I have left.

Reactions: treillw
Are you saying you can't find them because they are out of stock or you can't find them because they're not made?

There's no in stock items anymore, or at least of the popular stuff. When you can't find #8 shot 12 Ga shotgun shells, you know the world has gone it noggin.

My son is looking for a glock trigger for a 44 he's building and they said it would be 90 to 180 days before they'd ship. I don't know how they can forecast that far out. But that's their story.

I don't know if they are made.

Try Night Fision. I haven't used their own brand sights, but I have a front sight they made for 10-8 and it is really good. Much better than the HD. And they do do suppressor height sets. Lots of choices for dot color and rear makeup.

nf.jpg

There’s no suppressor height HD’s unfortunately. I think Ameriglo might have some for Glocks that have a tritium front with color painted outline but the rears aren’t U notch I don’t believe.

Try Night Fision. I haven't used their own brand sights, but I have a front sight they made for 10-8 and it is really good. Much better than the HD. And they do do suppressor height sets. Lots of choices for dot color and rear makeup.

View attachment 7561594

Very interesting. Thank you. They don't have yellow tritium, but the glow ring on the front sight would serve the same purpose and make the front sight more discernable at night time.

How are they in terms of quality compared to Ameriglo and Trijicon?

Their website says:
When it comes to tritium gun sights, aluminum sleeves and painted-on white rings are the norm. Night Fision breaks the mold, literally. Our patent-pending injection molded sleeve design not only holds our tritium vials securely in place, it creates a brighter and more durable ring, we call The Perfect Dot™, that provides maximum visibility both day and night.

Just another gimmick? Anyone else have experience with them?

Thanks!

I think they give a nicer site picture. No idea about how durable they might end up being.

Look @ Dawson Sights. Tritium sights are good at dawn & dusk . At night, muzzle flash brillance depends on ammo load and any accessory illumination i.e. strong LED light completely washes out your ability to discern tritium sight illumination, one ends up seeing the sight picture silhouette after the first shot fired, which can be used to reset your sight picture for secondary engagements.

Another option

Blows my mind that nobody makes suppressor height sights with a green daylight outline front, green tritium font, and yellow tritium rear.

Tons of people have this combo in standard height sights. I haven't found anybody who makes them for suppressor height.

Why???

How hard is it to change the tritium vials in a rear sight?

Maybe I can find somebody to swap the green rears out for yellow.

How hard is it to change the tritium vials in a rear sight?

Maybe I can find somebody to swap the green rears out for yellow.

Pretty sure that’s going to be a dead end road for you on swapping vials but you may get close

You’re not going to be able to buy the vials from Trijicon or anyone and you wouldn’t want to remove the existing radioactive tritium unless you really know what you’re doing so you need someone to do it. Trijicon doesn’t do green outline fronts at all that I’m aware of and their suppressor height the only pint they do is white for them that I have seen. If you bought Ameriglo’s for example which you can get green I doubt you’re going to get Trijicon to swap them out either.

I see two options:

1. Get Trijicons with that tritium color combo and paint the front green. Probably wouldn’t be as pretty or bold as factory but it would work if you take your time.

2. See if Dawson can do yellow rears. They send all their sights to Trijicon for tritium install anyway and I’d be willing to bet they can make this happen. I don’t think they do any front sight paint and their tritium suppressor sights I have aren’t really machined in a way where you could really paint the front well so you’d want to order an Ameriglo green front and then the appropriate height Dawson rear.

I would probably still call Ameriglo too though and see if it’s possible to order the combo you want. If they don’t offer yellow rear at all then you’re probably screwed.

Reactions: treillw
Pretty sure that’s going to be a dead end road for you on swapping vials but you may get close

You’re not going to be able to buy the vials from Trijicon or anyone and you wouldn’t want to remove the existing radioactive tritium unless you really know what you’re doing so you need someone to do it. Trijicon doesn’t do green outline fronts at all that I’m aware of and their suppressor height the only pint they do is white for them that I have seen. If you bought Ameriglo’s for example which you can get green I doubt you’re going to get Trijicon to swap them out either.

I see two options:

1. Get Trijicons with that tritium color combo and paint the front green. Probably wouldn’t be as pretty or bold as factory but it would work if you take your time.

2. See if Dawson can do yellow rears. They send all their sights to Trijicon for tritium install anyway and I’d be willing to bet they can make this happen. I don’t think they do any front sight paint and their tritium suppressor sights I have aren’t really machined in a way where you could really paint the front well so you’d want to order an Ameriglo green front and then the appropriate height Dawson rear.

I would probably still call Ameriglo too though and see if it’s possible to order the combo you want. If they don’t offer yellow rear at all then you’re probably screwed.
I will give that a try. Thank you.

Ameriglo does offer yellow rears, just not in suppressor height (that what is driving me crazy)- so they may be able to do something, if they want to be nice.

I see two options:

No Luck.

Maybe I could do an Ameriglo Front and a trijicon rear?

Were you planning on putting a RDS on your pistol. I put the 2 different colored suppressor height trijicon on my G17 and regretted it a bit after adding an RDS. Looks like a fn traffic light. I think I would have just stuck with one color in that situation.

I put the HD sights on a buddy's glock and then zeroed it for him - really like those. IMO, I would definately go that way if I wasn't going to suppress or put a RDS.

No Luck.

Maybe I could do an Ameriglo Front and a trijicon rear?

The heights aren't going to work together.

What are you trying to do exactly? Are you running an RMR or anything with them? Personally I'd just stick to green tritium and call it a day and stop chasing my tail.

Yes RMR.

That is what I'm going to have to do I think.

How do you know heights aren't going to work?

Were you planning on putting a RDS on your pistol. I put the 2 different colored suppressor height trijicon on my G17 and regretted it a bit after adding an RDS. Looks like a fn traffic light.
I couldn't agree more. I black out expensive rear sights all the time with Sharpies, I only want to see that front sight in the notch; the rear tritium vials in the same plane or inset relative to the rear surface sight notch do not illuminate it anyway.

Yes RMR.

That is what I'm going to have to do I think.

How do you know heights aren't going to work?

If you look at the specs for the Trijicon suppressor sights front and rear and then all the Ameriglo sizes nothing matches up. Sight sets are meant to be used as the set, when you go mixing and matching sights front and rear you have a good probability of them not working right and your POI is off.

Just buy a complete set of sights. You’re putting an Trijicon RMR on it which has an incredibly low chance of a failure and you’re going to be using all the time for aiming. You don’t need a wiz bang set of back up sights and ideally you want to sights to be as least distracting as possible.

If your pistol is an MOS then the Trijicon sights are the perfect height. If you’re direct milling it sits a little deeper and you want the Ameriglo XL’s.

Blows my mind that nobody makes suppressor height sights with a green daylight outline front, green tritium font, and yellow tritium rear.

Tons of people have this combo in standard height sights. I haven't found anybody who makes them for suppressor height.

Why???

Because very few people own suppressors, fewer own suppressors for handguns, and even fewer intend to use them in the dark.

When it comes to suppressors, this place is a self licking ice cream cone.

Anyway, tritium sucks. Get a Trijicon SRO and be done.