• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Glock question

Not sure, have always heard they are resticted. You'd think they could make a few more bucks releasing them. I'd like a real honest answer from someone who nows as well.

The "WHY" has been answered above. Specifics I do not know, but in short, no importation allowed.

They are LITERALLY the same physical size as the 9mm/.40S&W counterparts. That being said, if I were given the choice to carry 10+1 of 9mm or 10+1 of .380, I'll choose the former.

I understand from a collector standpoint it would be unique. I'm waiting for a pre-ban Glock 18 to become avaiable.
smile.gif
Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath!

Regards!

-G45

There are no pre 86 18s. It is my understanding that the 25 and 28 are for the Mexican market. They can't have any handguns over a .380.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windermike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are no pre 86 18s.</div></div>

True. Only <span style="font-weight: bold">possibility </span>would be a converted 17.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windermike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is my understanding that the 25 and 28 are for the Mexican market. They can't have any handguns over a .380. </div></div>

Yep, Latin and South America as far as I've heard.

If the 25 and 28 were for sale in USA would anyone buy them? Would a 380 in that small of a gun be any good?

glock needs to make a single stack 9mm
smile.gif

ATF has a point system to import pistols, the Glock 25 and 28 don't have enough to be importable for the civilian market because it makes soooo much sense.

I read somewhere some sort of foreign police issue resticted the sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">glock needs to make a single stack 9mm
smile.gif
</div></div>

+100

There are a few 25s and 28s in the United States. Law enforcement agencies can import them and then sell them as used. Even if you could get one, the magazines are just as hard to find.

If you can believe it, the .380 Glocks have more recoil than the 9mms due to the cycle of operation to work with a .380.

-Sean

why going through all the trouble of fining a glock in .380 when there are a lot of easily available good quality pocket .380 on the market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">glock needs to make a single stack 9mm
smile.gif
</div></div>

I used to think this.

Couple years back there was EXTREME speculation Glock was about to announce one at SHOT, I had myself sold on getting one. When they (obviously) didn't come out with one, I bought a Kahr PM9.

Honestly, I think I like my PM9 better as-is than if it were a Glock. Mainly because the DAO trigger on the Kahr is *perfect* for a singlestack pocket 9mm. For most purposes, the Glock trigger is fantastic, but for pocket carry (even in a holster), I think DAO is a better choice.

I'd probably still buy the singlestack 9mm Glock if it ever came out, but I'm not holding my breath.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">glock needs to make a single stack 9mm
smile.gif
</div></div>

I used to think this.

Couple years back there was EXTREME speculation Glock was about to announce one at SHOT, I had myself sold on getting one. When they (obviously) didn't come out with one, I bought a Kahr PM9.

Honestly, I think I like my PM9 better as-is than if it were a Glock. Mainly because the DAO trigger on the Kahr is *perfect* for a singlestack pocket 9mm. For most purposes, the Glock trigger is fantastic, but for pocket carry (even in a holster), I think DAO is a better choice.

I'd probably still buy the singlestack 9mm Glock if it ever came out, but I'm not holding my breath. </div></div>

I agree totally and when I sold my first PM9, I missed it so much I bought another. I'm not big on selling guns. I would have no use for a Glock in .380 but I wouldn't mind having one.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boomer@#$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">glock needs to make a single stack 9mm
smile.gif
</div></div>

I used to think this.

I'd probably still buy the singlestack 9mm Glock if it ever came out, but I'm not holding my breath. </div></div>

I agree totally and when I sold my first PM9, I missed it so much I bought another. I'm not big on selling guns. I would have no use for a Glock in .380 but I wouldn't mind having one.
wink.gif
</div></div>

+1s all around. Picked up a PM9 about a month ago and love it. It came with a c-tac minataur holster which I also love. I also picked up a P290RS a couple of weeks ago. I have not made my mind up on it yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">glock needs to make a single stack 9mm
smile.gif
</div></div>

+100 </div></div>

Concur

I really don't know what they are waiting for with the market getting so many single stack options to choose from now. They missed the boat possibly