• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock SBR anyone?

hot loads B==D - - -
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
Houston, TX
Why? Because ‘Merica. Anyone SBR a Glock? I know they are ugly as sin as but I am eyeing the B&T USW Glock doohickey. It’s small enough to where I can easily have it tucked away if needed and doesn’t seem unnecessarily bulky. With that said, I do carry a legit SBR with me all the time. Just looking for something easier to move around.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
An SBR Glock ?!?!.....heck yeah i want one.

kpos.jpg

Not yet. I did their USW conversion on an M17 at the end of last year. If I had known about the new Glock chassis I would have waited and skipped the Sig.

Reactions: 021411
@Houseminers

The main reason for stocking a pistol is to gain an extra degree of stability, which results in better accuracy.

Even though pistol cartridges are nowhere near as powerful as rifle rounds, they have A LOT of potential that are mostly untapped by most pistol shooters. As a shooter who PRIMARILY uses handguns, I can attest to this fact. .45 ACP, .357 Mag., .45 LC / cap and ball can shoot VERY far and still pack a lethal punch.

Stocked pistol sets and SBR'ed pistols are not something new. 19th century percussion revolvers of military calibers are often presented / sold with wooden detachable stocks. Army scouts fighting Indians on the frontier in the years leading up to the Civil War were said to have been quite fond of the big Colt 1848 'Dragoons' fitted with shoulder stocks. These .44 caliber behemoths were capable of dropping buffalo and grizzlies with good shot placement.

Any pistol caliber in the face is going to leave a mark. I think I’ll be fine with a bit more stability when I need to do so with a pistol SBR. As mentioned, I keep an SBR (556) with me.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Its 23 inches OAL when extended. I like the idea but for 3.5 more inches my Krinkov is an actual rifle round.

Does someone make an 80% frame that has a molded-in stock? Could be a thing for Form 1.