• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock sights

htorano

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Puerto Rico
Im want to upgrade the factory sights on my Glock. I see a lot of tru glo fiber optic sights out there. Im also looking at ghost rings sights, since I really like the ones on my shotgun. Any suggestions?

Re: Glock sights

What are you using the pistol for?

Ghost rings on a pistol really are the fail.

Truglo's are ok, XS big dots are ok for close large targets, but when you move out to a further taget the dot covers the entire target, but are good for defensive stuff up close.

I'm with Outsy. What is the intended use? I personally have Heinie Straight 8's on all my pistols. They make them in 3 variations for Glock if you are going to use it as a defensive pistol. If it is used for competition, I hear alot of people like the Tru-Glo sights.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ghost rings on a pistol really are the fail.</div></div> +1
Get Meprolights or Trijicon tritium sights and be done with it.

I'm with Doorkicker!! any handgun that may be used for defensive purposes should have tritium sights. I have a comp Glock that I have tru-glo. But the other 4 that could in fact, and are used for defensive purposes have tritium.

Warren Tactical 2 dot tritium night sights. I love mine and shoot very well with them.

How about an X-S big dot tritium up front and either the fat notch or express rear? hard to miss seeing that golf ball out on your muzzle, still fits standard holsters.

Ghost ring? fast on a rifle, DEADLY slow on a pistol.

I use Heinies or Novaks on my Competition Glocks. I have Trijicons on my duty Glock. My backups/secondaries will have Trijicons.

I was running TFO's, but really I'm tired of the FO tube cracking. I think it’s because the G34 and G35 have that lightning cut on the slide so the sight sits partially unsupported, but I'm not really sure. I just changed the sights on both to the Warren Tactical Sevigney sights, and I can say that I really like them. I went with the black on black so I didn't have to worry about the fiber optic rods. I noticed I can shoot a lot more accurate with them.

Back to the TFO's and Fiber Optic style sights I found that they worked great and allowed me to acquire a faster sight picture on near targets. I had problems on target that were in the 18 to 50 yard range in that I found my self struggling between the dot and the top of the blade. If you shoot with just the dot you end up hitting high and having a larger group.

By the way my carry guns all have tritium dot sights. You have to practice with those as well because people that don't practice at night or reduced lighting have a tendency to shoot high at night since they are using the dots.

Comes down on what your primary use for your pistol is and then decide from there. If you have some friends with different sights ask them to let you put some rounds downrange with them.

Good luck, let us know which sights you decide on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about an X-S big dot tritium up front and either the fat notch or express rear? hard to miss seeing that golf ball out on your muzzle, still fits standard holsters.

</div></div>

I have these on most of my CC pistols and while they are easier to see, the accuracy drops off after 10 - 15 meters due to the difficulty in aligning the big ass dot with the small vertical post in the back.

A zone hits @ 10m no sweat, head shots @ 10m somewhat difficult. I am not saying this is necessarily a good tactic, merely using it as a metric for the accuracy of the sites.

I just bought 2 new 45 GAP pistols and intend to put the fiber optic sights on the G 37 as a comparison. The winners will go on the G 38. While I do not carry a gun without night sights, I have been told that the fiber optic (green and reds, yellows etc) are still very effective. Time will tell.

Since it's a ccw I would throw out there to practice offhand shots and some speed drills at close ranges, learn to hit from the hip sorta. But agree the tritium would do well, don't have experiance with fiber optic besides day use on a shotgun.

The Heinie's and the Warren's really are the way to go. FO's are just not to be trusted, IMO.

I've used Big Dots for a few thousand rounds, and while many people <span style="font-style: italic">think</span> they're faster, they're often times not. One you put someone on a timer, you see what you really are shooting, not what you think you're shooting.

But hey, if someone wants to try them, I've got a pair sitting in a parts bin I'll sell for cheap. I run Warren Tacticals now (front dot only).

I really like the Warren Tactical "Sevigny Carry/Comp" sights, but if you need something a bit cheaper, I also like AmeriGlo Operators.

Anyone tried the XS std dot? Just curious how those would run vs the Big Dot ( Jim D ????). Seems like the STD dot would be a better way to go over the biggie

want to touch the Heinie's.... (sorry, too much coffee)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Warren Sevigny Sights

Josh </div></div>

thats what I run on my G35, I really like the small front blade with a red fiber optic rod in it, kinda reminds me of 1911 sights

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Warren Sevigny Sights

Josh </div></div>

thats what I run on my G35, I really like the small front blade with a red fiber optic rod in it, kinda reminds me of 1911 sights </div></div>

Yeah, of all the different sights I've tried on Glocks, these are my favorite. Dead on on my G34 and the thicknesses of the front sight and width of the rear notch made precision much more possible. The Fiber Optic version comes with a green pipe or red pipe, so you get your choice. My favorite part is that the front sight doesn't hang back over the cut-out in the G34 slide, like many sights designed to "fit all the 9mm." Good stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone tried the XS std dot? Just curious how those would run vs the Big Dot ( Jim D ????). Seems like the STD dot would be a better way to go over the biggie

want to touch the Heinie's.... (sorry, too much coffee)

</div></div>

The trouble is that the rear sight lacks a notch, so it doesn't provide rapid detailed feedback.

You CAN shoot accurately with them (I've hit 8" plates at 50 yards with them, 1 handed) but they take a LOT longer to obtain that tight alignment than notch and post sights do.

What I've found makes sights fast is a <span style="font-weight: bold">wide rear notch</span>, clean designs free from attention grabbing stuff on the rear notch (white dots, multiple dots, lines, brightly outlines night sights, FO inserts, etc), a taller than average front sight, and clean sharp edges that you can line up.

I've found the Hackathorn type (orange front post, wide rear notch, clean rear sight) to be pretty fast, but the front sight edges not being black hurt my precision shooting at distance. I can pickup the Hackathorn sights a little faster sometimes, but I shoot black on black sights with a subtle white outlined night sight about the best (especially at distance).

Anything on the rear sight like multiple dots only slows me down. The Straight Eight configuration is about as much as I can do before I generally see my times slow down.

I have always had great luck with the Glock night sights. There are brighter that my Trijicon's and have lasted over 12 years. Last I read is that they are produced by Meprolight for Glock. Not positive though. The price is right also...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Warren Sevigny Sights

Josh </div></div>

thats what I run on my G35, I really like the small front blade with a red fiber optic rod in it, kinda reminds me of 1911 sights </div></div>

Yeah, of all the different sights I've tried on Glocks, these are my favorite. Dead on on my G34 and the thicknesses of the front sight and width of the rear notch made precision much more possible. The Fiber Optic version comes with a green pipe or red pipe, so you get your choice. My favorite part is that the front sight doesn't hang back over the cut-out in the G34 slide, like many sights designed to "fit all the 9mm." Good stuff. </div></div>
Is there a particular front sight height that you used?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sw99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have always had great luck with the Glock night sights. There are brighter that my Trijicon's and have lasted over 12 years. Last I read is that they are produced by Meprolight for Glock. Not positive though. The price is right also...</div></div>

The standard "glock night sights" are Meprolights, yes.

Glock also has part numbers for every model being offered with Trijicon night sights from the factory, too.

The Trijicon's have smaller diameter capsules, so they don't appear as bright to many. Their reputation for quality tends to be a little bit better, though. At night time though, they are plenty easy to see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insayn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Warren Sevigny Sights

Josh </div></div>

Yeah, of all the different sights I've tried on Glocks, these are my favorite. Dead on on my G34 and the thicknesses of the front sight and width of the rear notch made precision much more possible. The Fiber Optic version comes with a green pipe or red pipe, so you get your choice. My favorite part is that the front sight doesn't hang back over the cut-out in the G34 slide, like many sights designed to "fit all the 9mm." Good stuff. </div></div>
Is there a particular front sight height that you used? </div></div>

I bought these

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=800008E5-1212764700

Anyone tried the LEDGE Straight Eight Night Sights? I know they are designed for one handed drills, but does anyone have real experience with them? How rugged are they?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ghost rings on a pistol really are the fail.</div></div> +1
Get Meprolights or Trijicon tritium sights and be done with it. </div></div>

x2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ghost rings on a pistol really are the fail.</div></div> +1
Get Meprolights or Trijicon tritium sights and be done with it. </div></div>

+1

Never had any issues with Meprolights. Actually they've taken lots of abuse with zero issues. It's what I have on my carry gun. (Glock 19)

Meprolights or Trijicon for fixed night sights

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Migrane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone tried the LEDGE Straight Eight Night Sights? I know they are designed for one handed drills, but does anyone have real experience with them? How rugged are they? </div></div>

They are as good as any sight made. A lot of VERY squared away shooters that use their gear hard run them. I have never seen a single person that wasn't please with their durability. They're probably the only sight out there that uses a friction fit AND TWO set screws.

They are most certainly good to go.