• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

texastonk

Actual
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2010
    Hen House,Texas
    Picked up a Gen 4 19 a while back and am wanting to up grade the trigger.
    This is a part time EDC and truck gun.
    I’m leaning toward the Lantac but not sure. Any help would be great

I switched the trigger springs and the connectors out on mine. It's pretty cheap (~$30/gun) and left me with a good balance so that I could compete with a carry gun. I went 3.5 pounds on the bigger Glocks and 4.5 on the 26 that's more for backpacking/river trips.

It's still a Glock trigger but much better than stock.

I bought a Zev trigger years ago, it’s OK. I actually broke it two times but I had also been putting thousands of rounds through my gun with it. I called Zev each time and they replaced it. The second time it had been years since I bought it so they made me pay $50 or something. Not bad costumer service but I still prefer the “$25” trigger job that I gave my other glocks over a fancy expensive trigger. A good option is to buy some lighter springs, a connector and a tube of Flitz metal polish. Below is a video on how to polish up the trigger then install the new springs and connector.

There are also some other springs you can replace to lighten up it even further, if your do this just be careful. You may have to buy one of those skelentonized firing pins to prevent light strikes.

I have both Lone Wolf and Apex and of the 2, prefer apex. Just feels smoother. Both are definate improvements over stock.

Apex for me... doesn't override any of the safeties, isn't insanely expensive, makes significant improvement.

I’ve had a number of Glock triggers and tuned factory triggers but my new Un tuned timney aphasia beats them all for sure

I’ve had a number of Glock triggers and tuned factory triggers but my new Un tuned timney aphasia beats them all for sure
    Super light tho right? Needs to be more than 2.5lbs for me. Maybe more around 4-5lbs ideally

Seems a little light for anything more than a range toy

I guess, just figure if I’m putting my finger on the trigger I want whatever my sights are in to take a round as accurately and quickly as possible

Ask 10 people that question and you'll probably get 10 different answers. It purely subjective. Most Glock parts are probably made in someone's basement and then packaged by those who distribute the parts.

Which apex?
    I use a factory Glock "-" connector and just the trigger & trigger bar kit for Gen 5 glocks.

For Gen 3/4 Glocks, i use the "Action Enhancement Kit" for Gen 3/4. That one includes the nicer safety plunger... that you don't need on Gen 5 blocks b/c Glock updated their design.

Reactions: 4thandbleek
    unpopular opinion: i dont think glock triggers are all that bad stock.

ive run aftermarket triggers, some do feel slightly better...but i dont think they are $100-200 better...they all still feel like striker fired triggers.

i take my glocks, polish the internals with some flitz paste, and thats about it...and mainly thats just to make cleaning carbon off them easier...

especially after i started training FoF heavily....ive come to the conclusion that debates on the importance of xxxxx sights and yyyyy triggers on defensive pistols are largely overblown.

I'm rolling with the Timney Glock trigger. It's completely different from all the existing glock triggers out there. You can read all the reviews out there. I like it a lot. It might even be too light at first. I definitely thought it was too light at first, but now after using for a while, its good to go and light years ahead of my previous triggers.

I bought an entire apex and zev trigger kit for my Glock to make it feel how I wanted. I personally don't mind the weigh as much as the spongy feel of the stock trigger. I ended up using the Zev pro kit without the Zev trigger bar. The stock trigger bar gave me a better trigger pull to my finger, heavier but very crisp once you get to the wall. The connector is the biggest part of the improvement, the other parts just smooth out the pull and reduce the pull weight some. Pro connector is less than $20, the other parts start to add up (zev striker, spring kit, firing pin saftey). I have not tried the Timney, so not point of comparison there.

I’m not huge into aftermarket pistol triggers (expect on the MP2.0 because that trigger shoe is complete trash) but I may have to try the Timney for shits and giggles

The Timney is the most innovative trigger design for the Glock platform to date. A light trigger pull can be achieved without resorting to reduced power striker springs that compromise ignition reliability.