• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glocks with Robar grip reduction

radmcg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2008
Mobile, AL
Does anyone sell Glocks or Kahrs with grip reductions already done? Anyone had Robar do one.? What was the turn around time?
AHA
Rad

Re: Glocks with Robar grip reduction

I had Robar do one, but it was such a long time ago that I do not remember the exact turn around time. I don't think it was over four weeks or so. I was very happy with the finished product. It eliminates the unnecessary half moon shaped gap at the rear of the grip. It also changes the angle of the grip so that it fits my hands better. The stippled area of the grip reduction gives a much better purchase to the pistol. Who ever you have do the job on your Glock, it is a well worth while improvement IMHO.

Mike at CCA a vendor here on the hide did mine.. came out great!

Thanks guys. Looks like no one carries these as a stock item. Bowie had some complete blocks but is sold out.

Lone Wolf Distributors has Timberwolf Glock frames. Basically a aftermarket frame with a smaller grip and a steeper grip angle.

i've defintely been considering this, just dont have the time to send my glock to Robar as it is my duty weapon. anyone have their Glock "Robarized" before?

I don't know anyone who stocks Glocks with grip reductions, but this guy might

http://www.southwestshootingauthority.com/612600.html

I really like his work and if I had one done, he'd be my first choice.

I've had three done by http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/ but I don't think he does these anymore.

IMHO, Robar's texturing is too coarse and unsightly. And not to mention much more expensive than anyone else's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simmy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had my G27 done at Coldbore Customs - http://www.coldborecustom.com/. Job was very well done and was back in less than 2 weeks. </div></div>

+1 total time my 2 glocks were out of my hands was 10 days and that included shipping both ways. Work is the best I've seen.

Robar quoted 6-8 weeks for a 360 degree texture recently - not including a grip reduction. Not sure how much difference that would have made.

My G34 went to Lane at Coldbore Customs, instead, along with a Benelli M2 stock set for matching texturing. I like true stippling, not applied texture. Heard many good things about ColdBore, so I figure it will turn out well.

I had my grip reduced by Robar, and while they did an okay job it took forever. If I had it to do over I would go with glockworx.

Ok guys looks like cold bore is my pick. Now I read there web sight and they said just ship the frame UPS or Fed ex. If just the frame is shipped is it still considered a handgun (for shipping purposes). The reason I ask the last time I sold a pistol I took it to UPS and they required it be sent overnight. Plus the ladies face got all screwed up like I was shipping a bomb covered in dog mess or something when i told here it was a handgun. By the time I was through I had dealt with three people took me 30 minutes and the rest of the people in line were about to kill me. You would think they had never shipped a pistol before. Anyway. Do I have to declare it a pistol and does it have to go overnight?
AHA from anyone who has had this kind of work done.
Thanks
Rad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: radmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok guys looks like cold bore is my pick. Now I read there web sight and they said just ship the frame UPS or Fed ex. If just the frame is shipped is it still considered a handgun (for shipping purposes). The reason I ask the last time I sold a pistol I took it to UPS and they required it be sent overnight. Plus the ladies face got all screwed up like I was shipping a bomb covered in dog mess or something when i told here it was a handgun. By the time I was through I had dealt with three people took me 30 minutes and the rest of the people in line were about to kill me. You would think they had never shipped a pistol before. Anyway. Do I have to declare it a pistol and does it have to go overnight?
AHA from anyone who has had this kind of work done.
Thanks
Rad </div></div>

Every carrier has their own rules. I am pretty sure FedEx requires overnight and you to declare it as a pistol (Frame = the pistol). There have been more than a few people who have sent items as "parts" or some other euphemism and not informed the carrier. If something happens to the package you will have a hard/impossible time explaining what was in it for insurance purposes.

Cold Bore is an FFL and can receive it legally and ship it back to you as the owner legally.

No advice for dealing with the &*#% at the shipper who squenches her face at the mention of the word pistol.