• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glory Days

Mike Casselton

Team Beer and Donuts.
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2007
    Lithia, FL
    Last week I was going through a photo album looking for a pic that I had mentioned to @8pointer

While looking for it, I ran across a couple of photos from circa 1978-79.

What we have here is a pic or two from Lake Park (Tampa) BMX track with the two fastest guys in Florida. We were waiting for our race to start.
    On the left is David Moser and yours truly in the black helmet.

20210618_100020.jpg

Now, David was fast, and even faster than me out of the gate.

When it came time for that sprint, well, I'll let the photo speak for itself.

20210618_100100.jpg

Dave was an upright sprinter. Me, I was head down and burning, kind of Mark Cavendish style.
    It paid off.

Notice where the third place rider is...

How many of you guys did something in your youth that you look back fondly on?

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Fortunately, most of the proof of my conquests in my glory days didn't survive when the 'hog board' was taken down in the barracks.

Something about being able to brag that you 'caught air' when fucking in the missionary position that makes it just a little less disgusting.

In 1984-85 I ran a Yamaha XS1100 converted to chain drive, Intercooled using dry ice and alcohol/water, Twin Turbo, pressurized carbs dragbike, my design, in a B Modified Turbo class on the International Drag Bike Association (IDBA) circuit. Best she/I ever did was an 8.62 @ 158 in the quarter. Best I ever did was 2nd at an 1/8 mile in Louisville, KY until I broke a turbo shaft. But it was a hoot and terribly expensive.
    Scan5.jpg

PA310001.JPG
    PA310020.JPG

Leading with your head, eyes down. Awesome

Last week I was going through a photo album looking for a pic that I had mentioned to @8pointer

What we have here is a pic or two from Lake Park (Tampa) BMX track with the two fastest guys in Florida. We were waiting for our race to start.

View attachment 7649794

View attachment 7649798

Dave was an upright sprinter. Me, I was head down and burning, kind of Mark Cavendish style.
    It paid off.

I miss my BMX days!!! I grew up in the 80-90’s but man this brings back memories.
    That is Rad.
    Sadly, most people probably won’t get this lol.

View attachment 7649794

View attachment 7649798

It paid off.

Quadzilla attacks!

• Haha
    Reactions: DustBun