• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glow Sticks

fewenuff

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2009
Kalifornia
www.seagee.com
Anyone have any recommendations on glow sticks? I can find all sorts of choices on the net and in the stores but if someone can recommend a stout, last as long as advertised brand it would make my choice a bit easier. These will be used as safety markers for the participants during a night shoot.

Thanks!

few

Re: Glow Sticks

Get some Krill glow sticks. They use 2AA batteries and last forever on a set. I've been using the same few that I've got since 2006. They were given to us during deployment, and no one wanted them back. My little boy has even played with one in the tub and no water got into it. I'm sure if you searched around you could find some a good price.

The Krill lights look great! Thanks for the tip. A bit pricey but... Maybe I'll attempt to put together a group buy. I need 50-60 of the darn things myself. $YIKES

few

I hated being a young PV1 and being sent to supply to ask for batteries for chemlights
wink.gif

+1 for the Krill lights. I keep (4) around the house in case the lights go out. When I saw this thread I took one out of the kitchen drawer. Still lights up bright after being in there for (2) yrs. Good stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hated being a young PV1 and being sent to supply to ask for batteries for chemlights
wink.gif
</div></div>
ha ha we sent a new pfc out for A.I.R. for the crew served he was gone for hours

I picked up a couple Krill lights for myself (nothing but great reviews here and elsewhere on the net).

I bought 100 red cyalume light sticks (Made in the USA!) from here,

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/8243/CY-908002.html

Seemed to be competitively priced after checking around and any reviews that I found indicated that one should stay away from the kiddy grade Made in China CRAP.

Red to at least make an attempt to not mess with the participants night vision.

Thanks for the tips and info!

few

Oooops, on the Made in China CRAP... stay away from not just the kiddy grade lights but ANY grade of the Made in China CRAP. There were a couple of sources touting MILSPEC chem lights Made in China and the reviews for the items were NEGATIVE.

few

Wish you had asked for these when I was still on a ship. We used them for night underway replenishments and had a ton of them past their expiration date. They still worked like new, but you were "encouraged" to dispose of them. Cyalume would be my choice as well. Bright and they will glow for 4-6 hours, if not longer.

Josh

Krill or Glo Toob if you want non-disposable or Cyalume for disposable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coues7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody have any experience with the larger sticks say 12"+? </div></div>
I do. They work well stay lit for a good while too. Also laid my friends forehead wide open one day messing around in a dark building. So you could use it as a baton I suppose!