• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GM RPR replacement barrel problem

Travelor

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2003
Central Arkansas
Actually two problems. I have a call in to GM about the below.

Barrel is the 18" threaded barrel for the Ruger Precision Rimfire rifle.

First one - The bullets are striking the baffles in my silencer. First time at the range and this is causing the bullets to strike the target 2"-4" above and 2" to the left of the non-silencer installed barrel's POI at 25 yards.

Second one - The groups are no better than the Ruger barrel (1/2" to 1" at 50 yards) and one interesting thing, the first shot out of the barrel after reloading the magazine always are impacting the 50 yard target 1" away from the remainder of the rounds (10 total) at the 3 o'clock position. I have checked all the screws, including the scope mounts - no joy. I have tried the following tested and good shooting ammunition: Eley Match, SK Pistol Match, RWS R50, and Federal UM with this first round problem in each brand of ammo tested. I have fired well over 100 rounds and have cleaned between brands of ammo.Shooting from a bipod and BR rear bag with a proven Leupold EFR 6.5x20 scope. I even had a fellow shooter try the gun with the same first round aberrant POI. I'm a Master Rimfire Shooter, a High aster High power Rifle shooter, and a Basic NRA Rifle Instructor.

Please do not show your armchair stupidity by asking the brand of rings I am using.

I chatted with them and they are supposed to send me a return label. It's been 2 hours now and no label....................yet