• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

go/no-go…

sacklunch

The Sacklunch Center for Kids Who Can’t Shoot Good
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2023
Texas
I ordered a set of 6 creed go/no-go for a prefit. Won’t name the website but it said 7 days. Now they’re telling me 2 months.

Not a lot of options come up on a Google search. Anybody’s know of anything in stock in their LGS or some place online that I should look?

Last edited:
Forster Products 6.5 Creedmoor Headspace Gauge Set GO and NO-GO https://a.co/d/4nvEwTr

Literally in stock everywhere.

Sorry man, that’s my ignorance showing. I knew case dimensions aside from the neck were the same, just wasn’t sure if I could order 6.5 gauges for the 6…after I posted this, I found a thread on it.

Yes and no…when I called to cancel my order, they put me on hold, said these were sent to manufacturing without someone checking inventory firsts. Now they’re in stock and shipping out today.
Keep an eye on that. There have been plenty of stories like you just mentioned where they actually did not ship when they said they would.

You're just better off staying away from them entirely. It's too bad, Kiff used to be a really good guy. Someone that you wanted to spend your money with.

Keep an eye on that. There have been plenty of stories like you just mentioned where they actually did not ship when they said they would.

You're just better off staying away from them entirely. It's too bad, Kiff used to be a really good guy. Someone that you wanted to spend your money with.
Rog…thanks for the heads up.

I got a tracking number today. Assuming it’s not a spoofer. I told them I needed to cancel if not, considering the same PTG gauges are in stock at midway now to ship today

Rog…thanks for the heads up.

I got a tracking number today. Assuming it’s not a spoofer. I told them I needed to cancel if not, considering the same PTG gauges are in stock at midway now to ship today
I wouldn’t believe shit till you saw it move from their location to the next in line to delivery to you.

Reactions: 5Pweld
I wouldn’t believe shit till you saw it move from their location to the next in line to delivery to you.
That bad huh…if it’s not active in the USPS system tomorrow, I’m pulling my order. They’d have shipped today from Midway.

Reactions: FredHammer
Be prepared for a restocking fee if you cancel an order from PTG.
F that noise…they didn’t live up to their stated shipping timelines and no where during the order process did I agree to their terms of a re-stocking.

Last edited:
I used to like PT&G.

I just ordered a jig to try threading a bolt handle......been three weeks...nothing. and it said in stock.

And……..you didn’t find it there either………
I’m not on the forums a ton, I honestly had no idea they were so bad.

To close the loop on my situation, they actually did ship the same day I called them and told them 7 days wait to 2 months was unacceptable. Created a label that night and I had my gauges 2 days later.

Reactions: msgriff
I’m not on the forums a ton, I honestly had no idea they were so bad.

To close the loop on my situation, they actually did ship the same day I called them and told them 7 days wait to 2 months was unacceptable. Created a label that night and I had my gauges 2 days later.
Most people don't have that kind of "luck" with them.

Just ordered a finish chamber from PT&G, was expecting it to take 4 weeks.
It arrived in 6 days!
My ordered barrel blank, dies, and brass have not yet arrived ...
This has happened several times in a row.
I generally get good service from PT&G, only had a problem with what was ordered and what was delivered about 25 yrs ago.
The rest has been good service.

I used to like PT&G.

I just ordered a jig to try threading a bolt handle......been three weeks...nothing. and it said in stock.
If you have the machine tools build your own fixture.
You can build fixtures for the lathe or the milling machine.
I prefer the milling machine.
It's an easy project for those with the tools
Make the bolt knob too, decorate the bolt knob or plain make fit the rifle to your tastes.

Attachments

• 20210608_010016.jpg
    20210608_010016.jpg
    845.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20211017_205506.jpg
    20211017_205506.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240408_181808.jpg
    20240408_181808.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 18
If you have the machine tools build your own fixture.
You can build fixtures for the lathe or the milling machine.
I prefer the milling machine.
It's an easy project for those with the tools
Make the bolt knob too, decorate the bolt knob or plain make fit the rifle to your tastes.
I have a manual lathe and a cnc mill. What I don't have is time to make tools.

Most of my free time is spent with the kids and then any left is time for the wife (who is active duty and works a TON).

While I certainly "Could" make a fixture, I would rather buy one.

It's like the old saying about having more money than time. For the record I don't have lots of money, but I have even less time.

Reactions: 45-90
Just ordered a finish chamber from PT&G, was expecting it to take 4 weeks.
It arrived in 6 days!
My ordered barrel blank, dies, and brass have not yet arrived ...
This has happened several times in a row.
I generally get good service from PT&G, only had a problem with what was ordered and what was delivered about 25 yrs ago.
The rest has been good service.
Finally called....was told they were waiting on bluing chemicals. Miraculously it might ship tomorrow......since I called today. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 45-90
That's the song and dance. Oops didn't ship sorry we will get it out for sure this time.😉😉 Just keep kicking the can down the road. 🤣🤣

Reactions: tinker
Again...Just ordered from PT&G another reamer and go gauge ....they arrived 6 days after ordering!
Here are the two boxes...I oreder most all my chamber reamers, gauges, tooling, replacement Rem 700 bolts from them
For the last 20 yrs I've been getting excellent service...even on out dated and wildcat cartridges.
I do not bug them with communication about the order...I order, they make, they ship, the correct item.
They only made one mistake on a carbide tap...which was immediately replaced with the correct one, about 22 yrs ago.
If you are a, regular, or semi regular customer, ya get what you order, in a timely manner.
Don't talk much, only talked to Dave twice in all that time, and not recently...no need for conversation. They are busy and machinist are doers, with precision work to accomplish. No time for BS.

Attachments

• 20240410_144801.jpg
    20240410_144801.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 14
Again...Just ordered from PT&G another reamer and go gauge ....they arrived 6 days after ordering!
Here are the two boxes...I oreder most all my chamber reamers, gauges, tooling, replacement Rem 700 bolts from them
For the last 20 yrs I've been getting excellent service...even on out dated and wildcat cartridges.
I do not bug them with communication about the order...I order, they make, they ship, the correct item.
They only made one mistake on a carbide tap...which was immediately replaced with the correct one, about 22 yrs ago.
If you are a, regular, or semi regular customer, ya get what you order, in a timely manner.
Don't talk much, only talked to Dave twice in all that time, and not recently...no need for conversation. They are busy and machinist are doers, with precision work to accomplish. No time for BS.
So what you are saying is since I only have bought 50-10 things in the past 10 years I shouldn't expect reasonable service?

Then they are doing great as expected.

• Haha
Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex
So what you are saying is since I only have bought 50-10 things in the past 10 years I shouldn't expect reasonable service?

Then they are doing great as expected.
Just, sayin, certainly it ain't all bad, as they have made me, all the things I needed, in a timely manner, and exactly what I ordered.
Hard for me to argue with that.
While others seem to have a few problems, with them, I have not.
PT&G works for me, so I'll continue to use their products, and order from them.
Just got the PT&G chamber reamer, and go gauge, today chambered the AR 10 barrel, for 338 RCM. Finish assembly tomorrow. Then modify a few magazines.

Just, sayin, certainly it ain't all bad, as they have made me, all the things I needed, in a timely manner, and exactly what I ordered.
Hard for me to argue with that.
While others seem to have a few problems, with them, I have not.
PT&G works for me, so I'll continue to use their products, and order from them.
Just got the PT&G chamber reamer, and go gauge, today chambered the AR 10 barrel, for 338 RCM. Finish assembly tomorrow. Then modify a few magazines.
Tues she said it was being built and should be shipping out next day.....it's now Friday and nothing.

Tues she said it was being built and should be shipping out next day.....it's now Friday and nothing.
Patience...Its possible there are supplier delays.
It is the age of instant gratification.

But thet could be, giving you the run around.
Or maybe they don't like your attitude, or demeanor.
Maybe the office is not communicating well with the shop personnel.

Maybe they don't like who you voted for, probably in cahoots with the FBI, and a warrantless investigating starting on their behalf.

But I just order and never call unless it's at first for specific communication about a product. Then I don't call, and it's been fast delivery, from PT&G, before in stock barrels, brass, bullets, and dies arrive.
Guess I've been lucky....hopefully it will continue being good for me...the rest I don't know...tell em ya voted for Joe.