• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Goal Zero?

-Nick-

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2011
They look interesting and I have a unique opportunity to get them at a discounted rate, but I've yet to really get any detailed reviews from anyone about them. Anyone here ever use one of their systems and have an opinion of them? Looks like it would be handy for an emergency kit.

You should also check out the new products from Bushnell. A few days ago I got an email from them showing them off...

You should also check out the new products from Bushnell. A few days ago I got an email from them showing them off...

My discount isn't as good with them yet, but I'll check them out as well. If anyone has used their powersync system I'm down for hearing reviews/opinions also.

I have some experience with some of their more basic kits and they are one of the best solar options. Especially if you want a turn key setup.

You can't go wrong with a Goal Zero. I loaned my Goal Zero Nomad 7 to my nephew when he hiked the Pacific Crest Trial and that was all the hikers solar panel of choice. It kept my nephew's iPhone and Sony DSC-HX9V (digital camera) charged.

Last edited:
The nomad 7/guide 10 starter kit is goal 0's most popular product. We sell them at the store I work at and they always get good reviews, if all you are looking to do is upkeep the charge on one phone (or like device) then it is great. Ive been to tradeshows, where I have had the opportunity to see their larger kits in action and they all work flawlessly, they have kits that are capable of serving as a backup for most homes. I personally have a guide 10/ Nomad kit, and have taken it out on several occasions for extended length trips and it has yet to fail me.

we used to sell them at work
like an reject I never wanted one till we stoped carrying them
it charged my phone every day and dident have a problem. I had it hanging off the back of one of them cheap bag chair in the store window,
some time this summer ill buy the battery pack set with the AAA insert
Dave

Goal Zero?

Powerfilm is a good alternative to goal zero if your looking for a AA AAA charger setup.

Goal Zero can charge 4 batteries at a time
Powerfilm can charge 2 or 4 batteries at a time

As others pointed out. Goal Zero is a good plug an play system.

Their systems are convenient. You can save money making your own or getting their battery system and wiring your own solar panels to it.

Last edited: