• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Going Out on a Limb here…

bubbaokie

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2010
Roger Mills Co., OK
I am 75 years old and have been hunting and shooting since I could probably walk. Love the outdoors, hunting, and shooting lifestyle. I live on a ranch and have “targets of opportunity” all the time. Kids and Grandkids are all shooters, and appreciate quality weapons. Between all of us we own (or have owned) about all types and brands of weapons.
We (for the most part) all shoot custom made bolt action rifles.
The older Remingtons we have owned and shot (722’s, etc.) I currently own Rem 600’s, 788’s, and several of the older 700’s, and a few of the older Ruger 77’s (tang safety, red pad).
Now on to my “going out on a limb”. I think that probably the best bolt action rifle made today commercially is the Begara. We have owned (and traded off) several of them. And just recently traded for 3 more. We have yet to sight-in and shoot a Begara that hasn’t lived up to our expectations. I just scoped and sighted-in 2 more yesterday that were purchased used. They both shot apprx. 1/2” groups (5) at 100 yards. One was a short-barreled 308 and had traded for it, hoping to make a few dollars. NOT…I’m keeping it. It shot Black hills factory and some of my “older” handloads into little bitty groups.
Granted a lot of the older commercial rifles were very good…..today, not so much.
I love the custom rifles I own, but for everyday carry in the pickup or the Rangers on the ranch, the Begara gets my vote.