• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Going price for vortex strike Eagle 5-25-56 MOA

BornLifted

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 18, 2018
As there are none available online or the forums figured I’d ask here to see what price range is. Scope I have is brand new sealed box. TIA

New prices seem to be pretty solid online at like $699, over black friday that came down to about $615. If you play games with cash back etc. you can get close to that price now and then. I was able to find a couple places with them listed in stock online if you hunt a bit for $699. I've also seen prices as low as $599 for them online but of course are the first out of stock. The rimfire guys really like them for the huge elevation adjustment as long as you don't mind losing the zero stop functionality to get it and for that they are a great scope.

That said, at $700 I'd rather just spend the extra $100 to get into a PST II. If you install the zero stop in the Strike Eagle it's basically the same elevation adjustment available. The price weirdness right now is because the PST II street prices are 60% of it's $1300 MSRP, meanwhile the Strike Eagles street prices are still almost 90% of MSRP. If the Strike Eagle had similar MSRP discount as the PST II it would put them in the $500 range. Not sure why that is, perhaps they have more margin on the PST II simply because of its age. They really need a PST III to come out and push street prices back to $1000+ so there's a real gap between the two lines.

Right now with few available it all depends on how desperate someone is to get one in December. I've seen them go as low as $450, but if I was selling one I'd probably start at $550-575 and see if I got any bites. Of course you can always start higher and lower it if no one takes it.

Reactions: BornLifted
New prices seem to be pretty solid online at like $699, over black friday that came down to about $615. If you play games with cash back etc. you can get close to that price now and then. I was able to find a couple places with them listed in stock online if you hunt a bit for $699. I've also seen prices as low as $599 for them online but of course are the first out of stock. The rimfire guys really like them for the huge elevation adjustment as long as you don't mind losing the zero stop functionality to get it and for that they are a great scope.

That said, at $700 I'd rather just spend the extra $100 to get into a PST II. If you install the zero stop in the Strike Eagle it's basically the same elevation adjustment available. The price weirdness right now is because the PST II street prices are 60% of it's $1300 MSRP, meanwhile the Strike Eagles street prices are still almost 90% of MSRP. If the Strike Eagle had similar MSRP discount as the PST II it would put them in the $500 range. Not sure why that is, perhaps they have more margin on the PST II simply because of its age. They really need a PST III to come out and push street prices back to $1000+ so there's a real gap between the two lines.

Right now with few available it all depends on how desperate someone is to get one in December. I've seen them go as low as $450, but if I was selling one I'd probably start at $550-575 and see if I got any bites. Of course you can always start higher and lower it if no one takes it.

Actually even with the zero stop installed you get a good deal more elevation in the SE with the mil version. The 5-25 PST has a total of 20 mils of travel and you get 18 mils with the SE zero stop installed. The MOA versions are closer though with 47 MOA in the SE with zero stop installed and the PST Gen II has 70 total so with a 20 MOA base you would end up with about 55 MOA.

They are excellent for rimfire as with a 40 MOA base and no zero stop you get around 27 mils of elevation and you don't have a full rotation under the zero so a zero stop really isn't needed.

OP his pricing is pretty good. LE/Mil pricing is down around $500 and street price is like he said around $699 with some lower. I would list at about $600.

Reactions: BornLifted
Thank you both very much! Your input is greatly appreciated.