• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Going price on a Burris Eliminator II, any ideas?

Triggered

Cervical Bruiser
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2017
Up Yours
Just curious what the market price is for the Eliminator II? If speculating of course...

Only ask since I am considering a rifle for sale locally, however, the shop is unwilling to sell it without the optic (as it is a used rifle) and will not separate it.

It is not exactly the sort of optic I would personally spend money on, nor suits my shooting habits, and I think Burris is already onto the III or IV models of it now...

I've heard they work well, but again, not something I am overly keen on.

Likely put it up for sale on SH if I purchase the rifle.

It is in like-new shape with the remote, no box or literature though.

Thanks everyone.

Scott, the scope is the 4-12X42 version with X38 reticle. Item number 200114.

Will be posted shortly in the classifieds

Having spent considerable time setting one up for a friend I wouldn't get one. Change your load or bullet and you need to reprogram the scope. Give me a simple mil hash reticle and a range finder.

Correction, will not be in classified section as I forgot about the 100 post minimum since coming back from Scout...

Found one going on eBay auction for good money, granted it has the factory packaging and accessories. May throw it on there if there's no hits locally.

I think it is a novel idea, but I am somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to scopes and this scope in no way reflects my shooting habits. I see the value in bringing it along on a "Once in a Lifetime" hunt for more novice shooters or youth, otherwise it seems like a massive PITA unless using it as a plain old scope.

Oh no problem at all, I appreciate the effort in taking a look!

Will likely throw it on eBay, one just sold for $750 and I would gladly take any amount near that, granted it has all the original material and packaging.

You can easily get $700 for an Eliminator II. I sold a used one for $600 to a close friend, as I have two others. I see the negative comments by people that don't own one or don't understand what they played with. Check out the reviews available anywhere online and you will see that they have mostly a 5 star rating everywhere. I have two as I said, my brother in law, shooting partner, has two also, his best friend has one and my friend has the one I sold him. I have another friend that I just turned on to it and he is looking.

Without sounding like a factory rep, we shoot an awful lot of prairie dogs with ours mounted on .223 platforms. From a bench, we easily get first shot hits out to 450 yards with 55 grain V-max reloads at 3200 FPS. Owning these scopes cut our ammunition costs enough the first trip to pay for the scope and we have been using them for 7 years. Lifetime warranty by Burris is best in the business. Yeah, I give them 5 stars too.

Without sounding like a factory rep...no wait, I guess I am one!

The Eliminator II is the previous model. It is less precise, but has more forgiving software than the version III. It is very popular with powder shooters, as the current version doesn't support fast dropping rounds. (that's a short summary answer. let me know if you want more details). And yes, lifetime warranty even when purchased used.

To add to what Evan says above: there's also something amazing about giving a new shooter a rifle with the Eliminator. Yes, it takes a bit away from the science and sport of long range precision (the thing this forum is all about), but damn, it works great and makes for a lot of fun. There's a real reason why Burris employees tend to have Eliminators on our go-to hunting rifles.

Reactions: JKLima
Hello Friends.
Hi, I have a question about the product Burris eliminator 4-16x50 mm of the burris. I intend to buy a scope of this model, however I would like to know if in the table of burris exists calculations that meets distances of 50 to 200 or 300 meters to practice with a rimfire gun, caliber .22, because, I can not find the sale of the model of Burris geração II 4-12x42 m. ie if I buy the current model, generation 3 of Burris, could I practice with a caliber as low as .22? Even if it is a low speed and low CB design, knowing the data is it possible to use the product under these conditions?

Last edited:
Hello Friends.
Hi, I have a question about the product Burris eliminator 4-16x50..?

Hello JK. The Eliminator is not really meant for rimfire. Most models must be zeroed at 100 yards, and they can not deal with fast falling rounds.

However, the very latest model, #200119, is a bit different. This is the model with the remote cable. This one also has a bit more computer memory, and it can be zeroed at 50 yards, and it can handle many .22 rounds. Please contact our tech support team ([email protected]) to check on your exact ammo.

Model #200119 is still an Eliminator III, it just has a bit more memory which was used for more ballistic tables.
-Geoff at Burris