• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors going to buy a new can, have some questions

fast freddy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2007
P.C. Florida
its between a sandstorm, 762 sd, and a cyclone. mainly used on a 308 bolt gun, but also on a 300 whisper ar, and other ar. now most people say the 762 sd because of the qd mounts for multiple weapons, but i can put adapters on the other guns and dont mind threadmount cans at all. so any experiences or data or opinions would be greatly appreciated. buy the way cost isnt the main factor just suppression. thanks for the help

Re: going to buy a new can, have some questions

I bought a Sandstorm, but the paperwork is still out so I haven't used it.

But.... I went with it due to the light weight, which should have less of an effect on the Point of Impact.....

The dealer I bought it from uses one on his AR-10 like rifle and loves it. I think he has 2 personal Sandstorms. But he also has AAC and Surefire.

I've heard the 762SD is very nice and may be a decible or two quieter........

762SD would be perfect for all what you listed in fact have the same setup with my AR 300 Whisper as well as my 260&308 Bolt guns.

Sandstorm and the Cyclone(non K) are thread on and the 762SD is a quick disconnect. Cyclone(Non K) is the quietest of the group listed.

from what im seeing its between 762sd and cyclone, 13 oz is cool and all but alot more money and less sound reduction doesnt really go well with me.

I have a 7.62SD that I run on a whisper and LR308. I'm VERY happy with the level of suppresion but, with the 3 choices you have written and with the review of the sandstorm written here on the forum, I would go with the sandstorm. Not that i'm unhappy with the SD.

The QD mount is nice but, it's an additional expense. The can lives in the safe so quickly taking it off of one gun and placing it on another is never an issue for me. I didn't notice the reduction of group sizes and personally feel a can is a POOR recoil reducer when compaired to a good comp (not that you asked).

If money is an issue, I would go with the Cyclone.