• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Going to Grapevine Texas

207Copper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2008
Independence, Kansas
The wife and I are going to Grapevine TX. The main focus for her is of coarse Shopping, ie the mall historic down town. I can't say that mine isn't but I am not much into Coach purses ect. I am looking for some info/input/.02 on things to do in Grapevine. I have read over the travelers sites ect. I am more interested in the inside information on a good gun shop, sporting goods store, military surplus mega shop ect.

So let it begin...

Re: Going to Grapevine Texas

There is a Bass Pro Shop a bit to the east, just north of DFW international airport. Not too far to the west is a very nice Cabellas store. It is on 35W and 170. Have a good time.

Randy P.

Grapevine mills is mainly an outlet style mall and they have everything there that any other ordinary mall has?

Theres a bass pro in the same parking lot, cabelas is 20 minutes to the west.

I was not aware of the Cabelas store there. The wife had the mall scoped out (more bang for the buck with it being an outlet mall) And I found the Basspro was only a stones throw from the motel.

Great info keep it coming.

look up Hard 8....a nice enough pit bar-B-Q not too far from bass pro...served on butcher paper from the pit

Bachman Gun & pawn on Northwest Hwy near Love field....expensive but well stocked

Some other places for the wife would be the Galleria. Its a real high class mall place.

Cowtown/Down town Ft. Worth is usually a good place to spend an afternoon and theres a damn good burger place on the square.

DFW gun is 15 minutes or so from G-Vine and has a bunch of different handguns for rent if thats your style.

If the wife leaves you alone for lunch head to bone daddies for OK food and great eye candy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Grapevine mills is mainly an outlet style mall and they have everything there that any other ordinary mall has?

Theres a bass pro in the same parking lot, cabelas is 20 minutes to the west.

</div></div>

You, sir, have not experienced "Last Call", the Nordstrom's clearance center where you can find a $1500 Hermes top for $40, or genuine Prada or Kate Spade boots for $60. Its even feast or famine - I have gone there and bought nothing or come out with 8 full huge bags. The rest of the mall - eh. The proximity to Bass Pro Shop makes it convenient for you to kill a couple hours while she blows your money! As long as you are going to do the "mall thing" in addition to the Galleria there is the Allen outlet mall, Stonebriar mall, Northpark mall, Willowbend mall, Collin Creek mall...If you time your trip right there might be a Gun Show around (i.e. March 20-21 @ Market Hall)

Your right......My GF's would be more excited by a hay and horse feed sale than a purse/dress sale. Although I imagine purses would be cheaper.
n39601486_34035837_2376620.jpg

I always thought it was funny that G-vine mills was built as an attraction for people.

Hell you could stop at the outlet malls in Gainesville on the way down and be done with it....or just go to your local mall annd buy 90% of the same crap.

Then again I haven't been in that mall in probably 3 years.

They have a Cabelas in Grapevine? I guess I should go there sometime when I go home.

Dude, it is Texas. You can shop, buy a gun, go to church and hit a bar at every intersection.

.....just don't jaywalk

Let us know if you he<span style="text-decoration: line-through">a</span>rd anything.

Got some great ideas going there fellas. I can see that I may be ahead of the game with the purse vs. horse and hay. Did some looking at Cabelas maps and they show one in Fort Worth but not Grapevine. Am going to do some looking into the train ride to Fort Worth to see what that is all about.

Food: Boltripper had a good BBQ place in mind,and the wife wants to go with to Bone Daddies..(not like I will get to go) any other good places to eat?
Where we live in KS you have a population of less than 15k and we have seems like 8 Mexican, places 3 Chinese, places and more bars than churches. So I would greatly appreciate any other input on good places to eat.

Are the gun shows in Texas as high to get in the door as KS OK? 10-15 or more a head? I just know they are getting rediculous around my parts.

Again I thank all of you for your input.
Jason

go see where JFK got whacked in Dallas

Omaha Surplus at 2413 White Settlement Rd very near down town Ft Worth. A lot of military gear, cloths, ammo boxes etc. A little pricey on some items.

From grapevine take 114 west to I-35W. Go south a couple miles. Cablelas. 30 minutes from your Hotel.

I'll start on places to eat

Steak houses: Del Frisco's
Pappas Bros.
Nick & Sams

Personally, I like the Cabela's much more than the Bass Pro, but I go to both. Cabela's is actually just north of Ft. Worth.

For a nice place to stay, for $$$, you might try the Gaylord resort in Grapevine. Nice place with good restaurants.

Try a Dickie's BBQ for lunch; should be one around there somewhere. On The Border mexican, if you have not tried one somewhere else. The closest one might be in Lewisville, though.

Gun shows were running $7 last year; have not been to one this year.

Have fun!!!

Got a good list of places to eat going. Can't wait to try some Texas style BBQ.

If I could get into a gun show for $7 in KS or OK I would go to a few more than I do. Last one I went to in OK was 12 or 14 a head to get in the door. 200-250 table show.

Thanks again for the info Guys.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Anyone been to one of the shows here?:<span style="color: #3333FF"> Mar 20-21 Dallas. Dallas Market Hall, I-35E at Market Center Blvd., 2000 tables, 8 ft. Trade Tables $60.00, Adm: $8.00,Children under 12 free. Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-4pm, www.dallasarms.com,</span></span>

there is a gun show at the mesquite rodeo this sat/sun...its the TSRA one....lots of window lickers there....and just down the street is one of the best pit BBQ-hole-in-the-wall joints that no one knows of in Texas

Dallas Market Hall is a big one. It is right there on the north side of I-35E; easy to get to.

Dallas Market Hall is a big one, also Jackson Armory albeit expensive has some really neat guns, a lot of older collectable guns and rare books in Snider Plaza by SMU, Bachman Gun and Pawn and Rays sporting goods and hardware has a good selection of stuff and for the wife there is the Galleria and if you can find parking Northpark Mall on 75 and NW highway. Anyway lots to do. My wife gets to go shopping at Northpark every time I get a new gun, an arrangement we have. She's been on a lot of shopping sprees lately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 207Copper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Anyone been to one of the shows here?:<span style="color: #3333FF"> Mar 20-21 Dallas. Dallas Market Hall, I-35E at Market Center Blvd., 2000 tables, 8 ft. Trade Tables $60.00, Adm: $8.00,Children under 12 free. Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-4pm, www.dallasarms.com,</span></span> </div></div>

It will be a good gunshow to see; I am going to this one. I like walking around and looking at the items forsale.

Just wanted to say thank you to all the people that posted ideas on things to do and places to eat. The wife and I had a great time.

Jason