• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Gold anodized 36mm Scope Rings

Coyote777

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2022
Texas
Anyone know where to get some 36mm gold anodized scope rings? Or where I can send a set to get anodized. TIA

Xzibit could do it. LOL

1692394033392.jpeg

Anyone know where to get some 36mm gold anodized scope rings? Or where I can send a set to get anodized. TIA
Find a local plating shop; if they’re worth a damn, they should be able to easily do it for you.

Don’t know where you are here in Texas, but I just found a good anodizing shop down on the SE side of San Antonio…. They’re doing an upper receiver and a hand guard in ODG to match my current rifle, and the Geissele ODG scope mount I scored last weekend:

Wright Metal Finishing LLC
106 WILDWOOD RANCH RD, Adkins, TX 78101, US
(210) 355-4186
[email protected]

Also gonna have them anodize some raw titanium fasteners in matte black while I’m at it.

Re: the Cerakote option, that’s what I did to another receiver and hand guard to try to match my Reptilia AUS mount (yes, I actually built an upper around a friggin’ scope mount, LoL).

Mounted here on an FDE lower to illustrate the difference in the colors; gold vs FDE/tan:

IMG_5243.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Coyote777
Find a local plating shop; if they’re worth a damn, they should be able to easily do it for you.

Don’t know where you are here in Texas, but I just found a good anodizing shop down on the SE side of San Antonio…. They’re doing an upper receiver and a hand guard in ODG to match my current rifle, and the Geissele ODG scope mount I scored last weekend:

(210) 355-4186
[email protected]

Also gonna have them anodize some raw titanium fasteners in matte black while I’m at it.
Thanks! Figured I’ll just have to buy another set and send them off. I’ll give these people a call. I’m about 3 hours away for San Antonio. Sure I could just ship a set.

(210) 355-4186
[email protected]

Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I stumbled on this and I’ve been looking to get some AR parts anodized, do you recall about what they charge for anodizing single or a couple parts?

Thanks!

A stripped upper receiver, 15” hand guard, and stripped charging handle (I removed the roll pin/spring/latch before bringing it in) cost me ~$200. I could probably get it for a lot less now that I’ve done business with them.

On that note: I’m seriously thinking about getting some of my current scope rings and Reptilia offset RMR mounts anodized ODG as well. They (Reptilia) are supposedly coming out with ODG as an option, but it’s been more than a year since I asked and all I’ve seen so far is one of their AUS mount…which is a really nice mount, but already have one of the Geissele ODG mounts for that upper. It will void the warranty of course, but gonna have those stripped and re-anodized in the next couple weeks if Reptilia doesn’t actually start putting theirs out any time soon.

Will report on price if I go that route . Can’t imagine things are getting any cheaper in this inflated economy. LoL…

Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I stumbled on this and I’ve been looking to get some AR parts anodized, do you recall about what they charge for anodizing single or a couple parts?

Thanks!
I used vegasmetalfinishing.com to have some custom scope rails clear anodized and I think it was $100 minimum, but you can get a LOT of stuff done in a small batch.