• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Golf Wind Flags

allamerican2000

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2009
Kansas
Listening to the spotting podcast, you talked about Golf/Frisbee Golf wind flags. I own a new precision rifle range near KC. I did a Google search, and came up with one Frisbee Golf site that had them listed, but they were out of stock with no backorder. If you can let me know where you ordered them, or if any one else has found them.

You can try this at a fraction of the price until you find something permanent --

I buy steel pickets (T-poles from the fencing section) and telescoping painter's poles from Lowes or Home Depot. Get a small steel mallet from the tool section to drive in the picket.

Use Gorilla Tape to secure snap rings to the pole. Fasten the flag to the pole, then tape or wire the pole to the picket. If you don't need a tall pole you can use a long picket.

Sew your own flags using nylon flag or outdoor fabric from Hancock's or JoAnn's, or just use surveyor's tape. It'll get you started.

I am down with making some flags for sure. The ones I saw on my Google search had 6, 12, and 18mph flags. They would show the approx speed at each flag location. I thought that would be pretty fantastic.
1585769266215.png

Those are the ones LL uses I will see if I can find the PM he sent me on his supplier

Nope I already deleted it I am sure you can PM LL and he will let you know

Those used to be available from Golf Direct but they stopped carrying them I believe,

I used the Frisbee Golf site for my last order, middle of last year I ordered a 10 pack of them as my range eats them up

I haven't looked in a while, but you want to search under weighted wind flags, or at least try to refine the search

I will look today and see if I can find a link

That was the ticket. Looking under weighted wind flags gave me a link to a Calguns thread. They are at DGA :

ETA: out of stock as well. That was a link to where I started my search

Reactions: Rover31
Just an update to this; I called and talked to DGA about the product and was told that the owner/operator of the business that produced them died about a year ago and it sounds like the company dissolved.

I may see what I can do to reverse engineer this set up, and will let y'all know if I get anything worth offering.

Just an update to this; I called and talked to DGA about the product and was told that the owner/operator of the business that produced them died about a year ago and it sounds like the company dissolved.

I may see what I can do to reverse engineer this set up, and will let y'all know if I get anything worth offering.

just wondering if you had any luck with this??

What with all the tactical nylon vendors supplying the SH community, is there not an opportunity here?

Triad, Armageddon, TAB, Sunrise, Traust, just off the top of my head.....

What are the weights of each disc golf flag? If someone knew the amount of weight in each flag they could probably make a set. If someone with a set could weigh each one of the flags I could possibly make or have a set made to try out. Also, what are they made out of?

What are the weights of each disc golf flag? If someone knew the amount of weight in each flag they could probably make a set. If someone with a set could weigh each one of the flags I could possibly make or have a set made to try out. Also, what are they made out of?
Nylon of some sort. I have a handful of 6-12-18 flags here, been using them for yrs. I could send you one if you think you can get the job done.

I have thought about getting wind flags also. I was thinking just surveyors tape on wood pickets. I really like the idea of the golf flags because of the wind measurements, but would also like to to get the weatherflow meter.
My brother in law got us one of these for our birthdays last year. Its actually really cool. Its mounted on a fence post out in the middle of our field.

It doesn't give you DA but gives all the numbers needed to plug in and figure it out pretty quick.

Soon the PRS matches will start looking like short range benchrest, lol.
98E137EC-7044-4298-A0EB-8A276A8C4338.jpeg

The super budget product would just be some orange or pink marking tape. Hang it from a tree limb or really anything. Been using them for years on my tripod for close and a limb for down range. Just a thought.