• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Gonna be a Great Day

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    One of my favorite parts of Massachusetts, an odd section of Texas ranch land in Newburyport, right along Interstate 95...

w84zh7tl.jpg

Too much sunlight so I added some exposure....

HKleiXIl.jpg

Whoever owns the land they have a herd of Black Angus out there. When I drive buy I dream of shooting steel the area is so open and flat though this image doesnt really capture it all.

Todays class - Precision Scoped Rifle Skill Builder at Sig Sauer....

Looks like I forget to set the exposure back to 0 on the Fuji....

Lh28eo5l.jpg

Damn!

Just put my name on an M18 Commemorative.

I was hoping there would be no more in stock.

1621512859439.png

100 yard zero, clean cold bore...

kJyIPV9l.jpg

-.2, .1L

h0wmFipl.jpg

Looking down the line....

NEbVQZrl.jpg

5 more in the zero box...

gvNbMusl.jpg

15 - 5 top, 5 middle, 5 bottom

XugboxRl.jpg

Numbers or colors drill. I sucked on 14.

mQt9HE9l.jpg

200 yard zero, more shooting after lunch.

NWiCEJDl.jpg

Last edited:
    Question for you, why did you choose that particular class rather than “102 or 103”

thsnks

Question for you, why did you choose that particular class rather than “102 or 103”

thsnks

Great question and I think I have an answer experienced shooters will like my reasoning...

102 is great. Ive taken it. Its a two day class...twice the shooting and twice the cost. There is also an amount of classroom time. They go over Kestrels, ballistics, theory, some more advanced basics. You sometimes proceed at the pace of the guy that asks the most questions.

103 is great because you get to do the 1000 yard range. There is little class time. Its expected you know what you are doing. If I remember right you do 100, 200, 300, 1000. Lots of shooting and instructors tend to focus on guy that insists his .223 does 1000 but doesnt understand why it wont today. Its more expensive than the skill Builder class yet same amount of instructor time - they fuck you for the distance. Ive done it a few times taking different rifles. Its good for getting dope but not much instruction or challenges.

Skill Builder is great because its 1 day - reasonably cheap, and round count runs 120-140 a consideration during the ammo drought. Ive taken it twice and furthest distance has been 750 yards. You do neat drills though that I dont get to do or can train for. On the clock stuff, partner drills, ability to take instruction and perform. You dont know what you will get and it presents a challenge different from the last class.

Reactions: tnichols
    Great question and I think I have an answer experienced shooters will like my reasoning...

102 is great. Ive taken it. Its a two day class...twice the shooting and twice the cost. There is also an amount of classroom time. They go over Kestrels, ballistics, theory, some more advanced basics. You sometimes proceed at the pace of the guy that asks the most questions.

103 is great because you get to do the 1000 yard range. There is little class time. Its expected you know what you are doing. If I remember right you do 100, 200, 300, 1000. Lots of shooting and instructors tend to focus on guy that insists his .223 does 1000 but doesnt understand why it wont today. Its more expensive than the skill Builder class yet same amount of instructor time - they fuck you for the distance. Ive done it a few times taking different rifles. Its good for getting dope but not much instruction or challenges.

Skill Builder is great because its 1 day - reasonably cheap, and round count runs 120-140 a consideration during the ammo drought. Ive taken it twice and furthest distance has been 750 yards. You do neat drills though that I dont get to do or can train for. On the clock stuff, partner drills, ability to take instruction and perform. You dont know what you will get and it presents a challenge different from the last class.

Thanks

I was looking up there this summer

Im up there later this month for "Bullets and Bandages".

Its an easy ride for me, seems like solid doctrine, reasonable prices, they have ammo that Im using to save my own supplies and the prices, though steep, are not as bad as some I see here in the PX.