• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gonna Read A Book, Which One?

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    I haven't read either book in more than 10 years, so I thought I'd see which one you would recommend.

Choice #1
    Unintended Consequences by John Ross
    This is a long read

Choice #2
    One Shot One Kill-the story about Carlos Hancock

Choice #1 will be a much longer commitment, but it was written as fiction but could be beneficial for today's world.

Choice #2 is near and dear to my heart. After reading the book, I got in touch with his son and I actually met Carlos in Va. towards the end.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    Both, then start reading some Ron Paul books

Reactions: E. Bryant
    My go to ,Five Years to Freedom.
    By LtCol Nick Rowe.

An amazing SERE instructor,,gave phenomenal insight.

Last edited:
    51WV7Y7V4rL._SX415_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This book has all the others beat .......

• Haha
    Reactions: clcustom1911
    Jack Carr's Terminal List is good, then you can finish the rest of the series. There's 4 total now, and a new book is coming out soon as well as a series on Amazon
    Yes! Excellent easy reads. Fiction but lots of good factoids.

I haven't read either book in more than 10 years, so I thought I'd see which one you would recommend.

Choice #1
    This is a long read

Choice #2

Choice #1 will be a much longer commitment, but it was written as fiction but could be beneficial for today's world.

Choice #2 is near and dear to my heart. After reading the book, I got in touch with his son and I actually met Carlos in Va. towards the end.
    Once you read Unintended Consequences, you will read it over and over and over again

Consider Atlas Shrugged. Makes Unintended Consequences appear short but worth it.

Not a race...you will read a longer but better written novel faster than a boring, shorter book

recommend #1. because he covers a lot of things, it could be read in stints.
    did you say you read it before? i never read #2.

Once you read Unintended Consequences, you will read it over and over and over again

Consider Atlas Shrugged. Makes Unintended Consequences appear short but worth it.

Not a race...you will read a longer but better written novel faster than a boring, shorter book

I have read both books many times. #1 is probably my all time favorite book. Back when it was released, I thought it would be a fictional book that one day may become reality. We shall see.

recommend #1. because he covers a lot of things, it could be read in stints.
    did you say you read it before? i never read #2.

Yes, I've read both books many times. #1 is spellbinding. It takes some historic facts to build upon a future that in today's world isn't as fictional as the author intended (or maybe not).

#2 is history. One man's history. An amazing read about an amazing American. Some would say (me included) that Uncle Sam gave him a really bad deal. But he never lost his love for his country. After meeting him, he was bigger than the book.

• Love
    #2 is one of my favorites. You sir are blessed to have met the man in person.

Any of the below are great reads as well.
    I am pretty sure John Stryker Meyer has balls that clank together when he walks. Some of the stories are mind numbing to say the least. Watch his podcasts if you get a chance.

IMG_20220330_092550193.jpg

Try 3 days in June, a little different but a solid read.

Or a lighter read, Sniper One.

Every American should read “1776” by David McCullough

Another good read is “American Rifle” by Alexander Rose.
    Covering American rifles from the inception through the Gulf Wars

2376579D-6939-4051-94BB-EF2B2DA14148.jpeg

I've only read a handful of books in my busy life but this was by far my favorite
    20220331_194149.jpg

#1, it's in my reading room. Wish I could read it or the first time all over.

Choice #1
    This is a long read

Choice #2

Yes, I've read both books many times. #1 is spellbinding. It takes some historic facts to build upon a future that in today's world isn't as fictional as the author intended (or maybe not).

#2 is history. One man's history. An amazing read about an amazing American. Some would say (me included) that Uncle Sam gave him a really bad deal. But he never lost his love for his country. After meeting him, he was bigger than the book.
    Maybe the next time you read #2, you'll learn the main characters name.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
    A Higher Call about the aerial encounter between Lt. Charlie Brown and Franz Stiegler. It really brought to light the questionable scores claimed by some Luftwaffe Aces of JG 27 in Africa.

Reactions: DannG
    Great read..

Simple Sound of Freedom about 101 trooper Joseph Beryle's (sp) capture, imprisonment, escape and then fighting alongside the Red Army would make a good mini-series.

Last edited:
    Short history of Everything - Bill Bryson, just lots of fascinating stuff.
    Chickenhawk - Robert Mason, true account of Huey pilot Vietnam
    Russian: 1000 year History of the Wild East - Martin Sixsmith (helps you understand the countries ethos)
    The Madness of Crowds - Douglas Murrey - summation and clear analysis of the current situation re Identity politics etc..
    Sniper 1 - D A N Mills, account of a 'hearts and minds' plan that went down the tubes in Iraq (actually a very good read)

Reactions: clcustom1911
    I just started the Bible from the beginning for the first time in my life the other day. Only got the piecemeal verse here and there shit from church, and that's just not cutt'n it. Im not illiterate, so I figured might as well go from "In the beginning...."

Exodus really portrayed Charleton Heston and Yul Brynner really well. 😅

Just got done listening to this on audible. It’s really good and really maddening

This is a book that was mentioned in the book above that is also on audible. It’s in my list and I’ll be starting it soon