• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gonna' shoot it out with the cops tomorrow...

noahmercy

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2010
Sheridan, Wyoming
to raise money for the 4H shooting club!
wink.gif

It's our Cowboy Action Shooting club's annual Tin Star Challenge. We shoot our single action revolvers, lever action pistol caliber rifles, and side by side, lever action, or 1897 pump action scatterguns against the law dogs' Glocks, M16s, and tactical shotguns. Our club, the Powder River Justice Committee, birthed the idea 8 or 9 years ago (I disremember which...it was before the wife and I joined) as a way to get some funds for the local 4H shooting club for ammo, guns, etc. Since then, quite a few cowboy clubs around the country have utilized the concept as a fundraiser for various deserving charities.

In our case, the 4Hers set up a pavilion with breakfast and lunch and shag brass for us. Their club keep all the money they make on drinks and food, as well as all the entry fees paid by cowboy and lawmen alike. We also pass around a tip jar for the brass scroungers and they can keep the money for themselves or give it to their club.

As an added attraction, the local "plate shooters" (folks who get together to shoot a monthly falling plate match) are fielding a team, and they bring some cool popguns, including M1As, Garands, some sweet 1911s, double action revolvers, etc.

If the weather holds, it'll be fun on a bun!
grin.gif

Re: Gonna' shoot it out with the cops tomorrow...

Sounds like a total blast! I got a chance to hang with a buddy one afternoon at his CASS club & tried my hand at some quick draw shooting......needless to say, I left there wanting to buy a SA revolver & some cowboy clothes...LOL!

While deer hunting I would run down to Ridge runners in Breckenridge eat my lunch and watch those cats. It looked like a good time and the guys there were always trying to get me to shoot even offering to let me run their gear. Never obliged since it seems wrong to shoot another mans gun like that. Still looked like fun

Heck, we love for folks to shoot our stuff. Over the years I've provided several shooters with guns, leather, and ammo for a shoot. How are ya' going to know if you like the sport or a particular rig if you can't try the stuff in competition?

I hope your not one of those guys who dress up like a cowboy and shoot off of a wooden horse
laugh.gif