• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Good 1" tube Glass

jhedg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2005
Gator Nation
What is the best one inch tube glass that some of you guts like for hunting. I would really like if any one has any input on Dot type scopes from 4-10 power. Thanks

Re: Good 1" tube Glass

Nikon is doing a great job with their lower cost scopes. Check out the Buckmaster 4.5-14 mil dot. Put it on a 20MOA base and you have a zero stop! (this is because it has 50MOA total elevation, with 25 of that up). Nikon has very good glass. I'm sure there are others that are good.

Zeiss has great glass. Nikon too...but unless they have improved things customer wise, their service is VERY slow. With the complaints I read here about the newer Leupolds (my older ones are great) I'd probably go with Zeiss if you can get the reticle you want. JMHO

If you can find one, pick up a Kahles CL. The glass nearly runs with the high end Zeiss & Swarovski models. No other 1" scope I've looked threw could touch the optical quality of the CL.

I have teh conquests....they are great. Glass on par with anything I have shot--nightforce, leupold. I also love their target knobs--although the are "backwards" from most american knobs

I also have a bunch of nikons--monarchs and buckmasters. They are great too. Glass is not quite as good as zeiss but they have more options for reticles.

zeiss is considered on here unparalled in glass quality in their conquest line compared to other scopes of the same level

I've been very happy with the Nikon Buckmaster scope. I have the 4.5-14, but they do make a 3x9 that would be better suited for hunting.

Nikon Monarchs have been my favs for under $450. I'm running a 4-16x42 and 3-12x42 on 308s. i have buckmasters 6-18 but i'ld rather have the 4.5-14.
Vortex is making a good name for them selves you should check them out too.

The best 1" tube scope out there is probably S&B Summit 2.5-10x40. Swarovski Z3 and Z5 are close to it as well.

For the money, Zeiss Conquest and Minox are probably your best bet among the 1" tube scopes. I looked at them in some detail earlier this year:
Zeiss, Minox and Meopta

ILya

and don't forget meopta, if we are taking about the best glass in a 1" tube s&b is the number 1 and meopta second then zeiss conquest just because ther´s no more khales cl .

Go to cdnninvestments.com. They have a few Kahles scopes left at great prices. Good Luck

another vote for zeiss conquest. It's much clearer than anything in it's price range. I don't think leupold is even in the same ballpark.

I've got a IOR 6x, 1" tube that has pretty good glass (plus the rockin' MP8 reticle!!)

JMO, but the Zeiss Conquest is a BIG bang for the buck. Have 2.

Hope this helps,
Trilogymac

I've got a IOR 6x, 1" tube that has pretty good glass (plus the rockin' MP8 reticle!!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to cdnninvestments.com. They have a few Kahles scopes left at great prices. Good Luck</div></div>

Just got one from cdnn, did not say they were out of stock, hopefully it will be on the way. Going on a HK770 thanks for all the input.

Graf and Son's got a conquest 44mm mildot 4.5x14x for like 600 bucks. I think it's an awesome deal. Would have got it if I didn't have the 50mm one. Grab it, you won't regret it.

I've monitored this thread for a couple of days and noted the number of recommendations for a Zeiss Conquest scope. Absolutely a darn good scope with very good glass/optics. I noticed a gent who suggested "the new Weaver 3-10", but he didn't say what kind of Weaver.

Anyway, here is a scope that will compare favorably with the Zeiss Conquest in quality of glass and features...and it is a Nitrex by Weaver scope. I base my comment on comparable to Zeiss in qualitiy of glass and features on comments of a Zeiss Conquest owner after viewing thru my Nitrex scope at range we shoot. After a couple of minutes with my $218 Nitrex TR2 3-15x42 SF with pullup turrets he told me it was comparable in quality of glass brightness/clarity, etc. of his 4.5-14X44 SF Conquest scope that probably cost him around $850. Also, he played with my SF, elevation/windage adjustments and etc. and found nothing about them that suggested they were inferior to same features on his Conquest scope.

So if interested...check out this Nitrex by Weaver scope available at Natchez Shooters Supplies. This particular model is basically same scope as a Weaver Super Slam. It is a discontinued model...therefore price reduced considerably by Natchez and Nitrex makes price even lower with a $100 rebate on it. Natchez seems to have landed Nitrex inventory of discontinued TR1 and TR2 scopes to sell. TR1 is basically a Grand Slam Weaver and as I mentioned earlier, TR2 is a Super Slam. My Nitrex TR2 retailed for about $570 and final cost on it to me was $218 after shipping and then deducting $100 rebate.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?con...rodTitle=Nitrex TR Two 3-15X42mm Rifle Scope Matte Finish TrexPlex Reticle

I just mounted up that same scope on my hunting rig. I got the Natchez deal(steal) and I am amazed with it.
I would have a hard time giving it up even for one of the bigger name scopes.
I have a lot of confidence in my hunting rig with this scope.

Correction, I got the EBX reticle which should work well with my 7RM/160 Nosler Accubonds.

I have never used a Zeiss but that will be the next scope i get based on what i have heard from practically everyone.

From my own experience, however, i can say that the Nikon Monarch series scope is amazing. The side focusing knob is very valuable, furthermore, all adjustments can be made without tool and turrets are interchangeable to accommodate tactical shooting. Above all however the glass is top notch which is also multi coated for great low light scenarios (which from my experience is when the big bucks come out :)).

I cant't directly comment on the Zeiss scopes but I have never heard a bad word about them. I can however tell you that my Nikon Monarch is one hell of a scope and for the price I don't know of anything that compares. Like the above post said, the lenses are very clear and the side focus is awesome. And they come with 3 different turrets that are easily changeable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdl65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zeiss Conquest. </div></div>
+1
Glass in Conquest is much brighter than Leupold!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D Ice 308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdl65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zeiss Conquest. </div></div>
+1
Glass in Conquest is much brighter than Leupold! </div></div>
+2

I'd give another vote for the Conquest line but I will also agree with a couple of the other posts that if you find a good deal on a Kahles jump on it right away. To me the Kahles glass is amazing.