• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good all-around 10/22 scope

Mjolnir23

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2012
Hey fellas just curious what would you suggest for an all around good plinking, small-game hunting or somewhat precision scope for a Ruger 10/22? Been shopping around a lot and can’t decide, I don’t need a ton of magnification was thinking a variable up to 10 power would do me fine.

I have an older Simmons on my 10/22

But will probably put a Midway BSA 4-14x Tactical scope. I really like the one on my CZ

Sounds like a plan, I will give them a look. Appreciate the info

I run a Leupold VX-III Air Rifle 6-24 on mine because I have found that the vibrations of the 10/22 action cycling will knock reticles out of alignment on standard scopes. The air rifle model is vibration-resistant and hasnt failed me in 5 years. I have had a redfield and a tasco die on a 10/22.

I really like the SWFA 3-15 FFP and Bushnell 3-12 FFP (G2DMR reticle preferred) for all around scopes on air rifles and .22s. Both are FFP/mil/mil so they match the optics on my larger rifles.

Both offer good mag ranges for both close in / brush shooting and also some target work at longer distances, both offer close in parallax (6Y on the SWFA and 10Y on the Bushnell), and both have a good amount of elevation travel if you want to make some long shots.

For the last 2 years or so I've been running the Bushnell 3-12 x 44 FFP G2DMR on both my 10/22 and my precharged air rifle and really like them.

Having had both the Bushnell and SWFA I like the wider mag range and more top end magnification available that the SWFA offers but the Bushnell has better glass and more importantly a better reticle in the G2DMR. The SWFA mil-quad is good but the G2DMR gives far more options for elevation & windage holds. The Bushnell does have the tighter eyebox, especially up around 11-12x.

The upcoming Bushnell LRHS looks really good too; if it was a 3-15 or 3-18 it would be near perfect IMO.

Last edited: