• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good AR 22LR conversion kits?

SmokeRolls

Nobody important
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Kentucky
Whats a real good reliable and well performing 22LR conversion kit for the AR-15? I saw a kit today and it had a spider emblem on the tube it came in. I can't remember the company name. I tried to find stuff on this by doing a search but I didn't find what I was looking for. I can get the kit and two 22LR / AR mags for $200. It looks like it's hardly been used. Any info would be greatly appreciated..SmokeRolls

Re: Good AR 22LR conversion kits?

Cool. Anyone with a spikes tactical Ar conversion insert / bolt? I need info on function, reliability, opinions???? Thanks.. SmokeRolls

Check Classic Arms and Archery

They have some new Colt rifle that are dedicated 22lr AR15's

good price and reliable!

Check out Ciener. It is a drop in bolt carrier group and has 30 round mags that go with it. They even have a full auto carrier group if you have a class 3 firearm.

It is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a complete upper dedicated to 22. They may be a little more accurate, but for plinking and screwing around the little ciener 22 kit cant be beat!

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=130722938

You can always do compass lake for upper dedicated 22. I had one and sold it like a fool. It shot like a bolt gun and was reliable.

Just picked up a CMMG and a few blackdog mags. Will shoot it this weekend.
CW

I have looked and looked and IMO the Spike's kit is the best for several reasons. The viton o-rings and chromed carrier being some of them. I'll get getting one soon.

Most of these kits don't like the gummy Remington bulk pack, but run great on the Federal bulk pack...specifically the hi-velo ones.

i recently got a ceiner kit from midway. i think it was under $140 with shipping. that damn thing works flawlessly. i thought for sure i'd have problems with it but nope. i think i have about 800 rounds through it now without even cleaning it. i have not had a single malfunction of any kind with it so far.

i have heard internet rumors about the guy being a dick but i got it from midway and didn't have to deal with him direct.