• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good Builder for a Tikka 595 based build?

Beyschaefer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2008
Behind the Redwood Curtain, CA
I'm not even done with a .308 build on a Savage action yet, and I'm starting to plan my next rifle.

I have a Left Handed Tikka 595 in .308 (the predecessor of the T3 model). It's not nearly as accurate as my Tikka 595 in .223 so I plan to strip it for its action to build a new rifle on.
It'll be a 6.5mm-something. (don't know yet... like I said, early in the thinking).

I was wondering if there is a "go-to guy" builder for Tikka based precision rifles?
Or, if someone could recommend a builder who at least wouldn't turn their nose up at a Tikka "'cause it ain't a Remington" ;-)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Good Builder for a Tikka 595 based build?

Sometimes the best way to narrow your search is just to call Mac Tilton at 805 720-7720. http://www.mtguns.com

Nobody has built more precision Tikka 595s than Mac Tilton.

Re: Good Builder for a Tikka 595 based build?

Mac at MT does nice work on Tikkas. Another gunsmith is Mo Defina at Master Class Sports in CT. 203-775-1013 He builds and shoots Tikkas in Highpower competition. I occasionally shoot next to him on a local range and have seem what his Tikkas can do. He shoots a 6br repaeater on a T3 now and it is one accurate rifle. He built me a 243 on a 595 and to date, it is THE MOST ACCURATE rifle I have ever owned! 1/4 moa rifle (5 shot groups). I don't think you can go wrong with either Mo or Mac.
Good Luck!