• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good carry sling for AICS 2.0

michael_aos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Any suggestions on a good sling to carry a rifle with an AICS 2.0 stock? It's a long-action, but I don't think that makes any difference.

Guessing maybe 15-ish pound rifle, typically slung in front / chest area, with muzzle pointing up.
--

Re: Good carry sling for AICS 2.0

Try TAB slings or TIS slings both are on Triad Tactical. I got both still trying to figure out which i like better.

I have a TIS on mine I like the Quick Cuff for it. Makes it easier to shoot in various positions.

how do you like your AICS? is it sturdy? Well made? I'm looking into buying one for my Tactical Rem 700 .308. I just want to get opinions before i spend money to get a stock i know nothing about...

AICS feels great to me (sorry to thread jack). Kinda wish the thumbhole was a pistol grip, but I'm planning on a viperskin anyway. Weight feels nice

Michael, I use the TAB on mine and it works well for me both shooting and carry.
VonReich,I shoot an SPS and bought an HS Precision for it. Didn't like it after 400 rnds and was able to shoot an AICS. Bought a 2.0 the following week and never looked back. That said, make sure you get behind one before you buy, people seem to love it or hate it with very little middle ground. It is sturdy as a rock and the folding mech. locks up solid.

Either way, get a sling with the ITW Mash Hooks. I always used either TAB or TIS slings with HK hooks but the hooks always came undone from the chassis. No problems with the Mash Hooks.