• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good Dallas Auto Electrician Needed

an1913t

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2007
DFW
I'm in need of a good mechanic / auto electrician in the North Dallas, Richardson, Farmers Branch, Carrollton, etc. area. My wife's '99 suburban has developed a few electrical issues over the last year, and I just haven't had time to trace the problems down. For marrital harmony, I need to get this fixed. Anyone have any suggestions for someone who is good (and doesn't charge an arm and a leg)?

Thanks.

Re: Good Dallas Auto Electrician Needed

Just remember, 90% of all auto electrical issues are ground, clean all the grounds and see if that fixes it, it shouldnt take more than 20 minutes....

1913, he's right. (^^^^)

Though I would suggest that maybe you try contacting "The Mechanic" here on the 'Hide. He may be able to help you.

Not promising anything. He's not in your area, BUT he is definitely a wealth of knowledge. AND, he knows where to look.

Just remember though, it ain't up to me, to volunteer someone else. HTH.

I have a bud in Lewisville that's great, but I think he's just doing german stuff nowdays. He could likely point you to someone who could help you out though. It's Krause's in L'ville and his name is Rob.

While it's true that most of the electrical issues can be indicued by a faulty ground, it's not the end-all cure for everything electrical. From time to time, stuff just breaks.

What are your symptoms? There's not really much on those trucks compared to contemporary ones with electrical throttle and steering wheel buttons and such.

Back door locks and passenger front have stopped working when using the electronic door lock (either the remote or buttons on the doors). The driver's door window also stopped working which is really the straw that broke the camels back.

The driver's window not working is likely the window regulator. If you can get to the electrical plug, check for voltage when the switch is actuated. For the trouble required to replace the window regulator, it's worth it to just buy one new and not monkey with a junk yard piece.

Did the door locks all stop working at the same time? What engine does the vehicle have?

check the wires that run through the rubber grommet at the door jam.The continual opening and closing of the door eventually breaks the wire.

The rear door lock stopped working first. The passenger front door is a more recent issue. It will semi activate but doesn't seem to have the power to actually accomplish the locking or unlocking.

The suburban has a 350 in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The driver's window not working is likely the window regulator. If you can get to the electrical plug, check for voltage when the switch is actuated. For the trouble required to replace the window regulator, it's worth it to just buy one new and not monkey with a junk yard piece.

Did the door locks all stop working at the same time? What engine does the vehicle have? </div></div>