• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Good day for yotes

copper91

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2007
Rapid City, SD
We got these 12 coyotes yesterday, Nov. 7th, while hunting for the calling contest held in Philip, SD which is a one day contest. Best bunch of yotes I've seen for several years with only 1 having mange. The pic is at the end of the day and the dogs are ugly pursuant to being hauled in a box on the 4-wheeler. Got a triple on the first stand and 2 other doubles throughout the day. A couple held up and some descent long range shooting put one down at 733, one at 575, and one at 465. All the others were 150 and under.

2nd place got 10 and 3rd place had 8. Lots of dogs around this year.

100_1160.jpg

Re: Good day for yotes

Lots of puppies down this way, this year too. Shot 1 yesterday. They're everywhere!! Great practice and fun.

Congratulations on your hunt!

What calls were you using, if you don't mind?

used hand calls on this day since there was hardly any wind all day,,, max wind all day was 5mph. i hit one at 800 on the first stand with a direct hold on right after we killed 3 on that stand,,, sun wasn't even up yet so no wind whatsoever,, he surfaced while we were gathering the gotten. That dog went down, jumped bit and then did the ole 100mph run down into the draw. We did not find him so don't know where I hit him,,, couldn't spend too much time looking and I should have got my gps and got a lat/long reading to find the direct line to the hit spot but didn't,, wish there would have been snow for that one.

Fine job on the yotes! They are a ton of fun to hunt.