• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Good Deer Jerky Recipes????

Six Feet Under

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2010
Midwest Ohio
All,
I was wondering if you guys had any good deer jerky recipes you wanna share with me/ the hide? Or even beef jerky? I have a new propane smoker at my house I kinda was wanting to try out... Or if you guys have any good dehydrator/ oven recipes? Whatever, I'm all ears. I love jerky. Thanks

Slice it thin. I like doing this to ANY good roast. Back-straps, shoulders, hams, etc.
liquid smoke
worchestershire sauce
salt and pepper
red chile flakes
onion powder
garlic powder

-marinate for at least 6 hours in fridge, better yet over night

-put in your dehydrater for 8-10 hours

-enjoy

My first attempt at jerkey had so much salt and seasonings it dried up and turned white. I couldn't eat it - and I made it and was really going to try and make it work out.

So, I am looking forward to some good recipes from experienced folks for this coming year.

I will say, I had my processor make Jerky - and was very disappointed with the results. They ground the venison and added the spices to the ground meat then dehydrated. That's not what jerky is supposed to be like - that was more like a slim jim.

I have really liked the Eastman's jerky seasoning. They have it at China (Wal) mart. I've tried a few different flavors, and they are all good. Only thing I do different is it says to dry rub whole muscle jerky, but I mix it with water like it says for the ground jerky and let it marinate over night. I also like to cut the meat against the grain instead of with it. It takes less effort to tear a piece off and chew.

I use LEMs and a dehydrator. I get 3 deer a year processed into ground with no fat for jerky during the year. I rarely have no deer jerky with me. I didn't think I would like doing out of the ground meat but it is very good.

Ryan

I have tried some seasoning/ curing mixes. I have let the meat cure for 24 hours then smoked it with hickory. I like the flavor but it always turns out salty. I follow the directions but maybe I need to cut back down on the curing powder. I'm curious about the replies I seen here. I'm gonna try some of your guys suggestions. Thanks.

My Jerky recipe: either air dried in box with heater or dehydrator.

Beer (nothing fancy, coors light, bud, etc.)
Red wine (cheap stuff, Carlos Rose' Burgundy)
Red wine vinegar
worchestershire sauce
Soy sauce
Garlic salt
pepper