• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

good dog loads

rollover610

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2008
OryGun
hey there i was wondering if anyone had any good coyote loads. right now i shoot hornedy A max and sierra HPBT both in 168. any help is appreciated :)

Re: good dog loads

caliber, barrel twist and powder on hand would help us out some more.

For a 30-06 I like the 110 Vmax around 3700 fps using BLC-2
For a 204 Ruger I like the 26 Barnes around 4500 fps using H335
For a 223 I like the 35 Blitzking around 3700 using H335

Just to be different I also like my 44 wilcat with 460gr lead at 1000 fps from the back window and a suppressor.

It's not a spectacular sight but what you don't hear is what's impressive.

how far out can i go with those 110s? im def gonna try those! any specific loads? thanks again guys.

This is pretty funny actually, but the supersonic point is right around 950 yards for 3700 fps MV. It gets there with around 22 MOA of drop. It gets to 1k with less drop than the heavies we all use for the 30 cals. Wind drift is probably a bastard though.

Point Blank range is 400y on the nose. I've never shot them past about 125 or so. Squirrels disappear at that range. I found the tail and a big red burst on the snow. It looked like someone shot a waterballoon full of red die.