• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good fixed scope for rimfire

What’s your goal? Range/plinking? Hunting? Target? Long range? Can recommend something based on needed application.

Range. Teaching my kids to shoot so simpler is better but would be nice if don't have to change scope anytime soon.

To add some color - I have two Vortex Strike Eagles - one on rimfire another on centerfire and really like them. But they are big, busy reticle, and honestly unsure if FFP is actually desirable for beginners...

How old are the kids? Not sure I would over think it. A fixed 4x if even red dot will work for them. Especially if shooting 25 and 50. First and only goal should be to help create a love of shooting. The other more finer details will come with time and typically organically.

How old are the kids? Not sure I would over think it. A fixed 4x if even red dot will work for them. Especially if shooting 25 and 50. First and only goal should be to help create a love of shooting. The other more finer details will come with time and typically organically.
9 and 11. Point well taken.

I have a 7 and 10 year old. At 6 they were mainly shooting red dots on bolt actions suppressed at 25 and 50 yards. Mainly at steel targets. They were hooked. I’ve since put them on variable scopes but typically on lower power. Easy eye relief and wide FOV would be what I would want for them. We don’t shoot as much as I would like because of sports, but they have a blast and never say no when I ask.

Range. Teaching my kids to shoot so simpler is better but would be nice if don't have to change scope anytime soon.

im teaching my oldest (7) on factory peep sights on his rascal. Very frustrating at first. He could hit paper at 3 yards. We kept at it and now were at 25 yards with 1st round hits. Proud of my little dude